Chapter 19

Thank you all for the kind words of support, you really make writing this story that much more fun when I know you get as excited as me each update!

So, I am giving you free rein to ask me ANYTHING you want on this comment line! (Obviously no spoilers) but it can be about my writing (Any book), character's lives, my life, anything you want! Ask away! These questions will be open throughout the book, I will answer anytime! Even when the book is completed!!

As per usual I will reply to any comment posted within the next 48hrs!!

Dresses at the bottom!

|| ✨ ||

We pulled into the driveway an hour and a half later with ice cream. I had long since washed off the black dried trails of makeup on my face, feeling refreshed and barefaced. Daphne had decided that something we were in desperate need of after that shitshow was to get our nails done and some ice cream at a nearby strip mall. And no matter how many calories were lurking in every bite, I still didn't tell them to stop after each scoop of chocolate chips.

I texted Grayson as we climbed into my car, with Tessa at the wheel which was terrifying enough. He hadn't replied. Not even three little dots to signify that he was typing.

"I don't know about you but I could use a hot bath," Daphne stated as we got out of the car. She pulled off her beanie, letting her hair fall into place on her shoulders, the blue hair tips shining.

Tessa threw me the keys and wrapped an arm around Daphne's back. "The guest room has a tub," Daphne grinned at her, "and it's big enough for two."

Daphne bit her lip in excitement. "Bubbles?"

Tessa pushed some of Daphne's hair away from her face. "Would I ever deny you bubbles?"

I stood silently, unsure of who was standing in front of me next to Daphne because it sure as hell wasn't my sister. "I so did not need to hear that," I complained, cringing at their affection.

Tessa turned to say something back at me, a scowl on her face when headlights lit up the driveway behind us. The car sped into the driveway and hadn't even properly parked before the culprit climbed out.

Grayson slammed the door shut and stared at me silently. His hair was wet from a fast shower, he was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with jeans and converse sneakers.

"You know what, let's head inside Babe," Daphne said, tugging Tessa with her.

Tessa resisted for a few moments. "But-but I want to see what happens," she whispered earning a sharp look from me. Tessa sighed dramatically before dragging her feet across the driveway and inside.

"I texted you," I started, my ice cream sat forgotten in my hand.

He did not move. "I know."

Ah shit. "I didn't want to tell you because-"

"Because you knew how pissed I would be?" He pushed off the car and stalked closer. "If you wanted to do something to William I would have been on board but not at your expense! Not if it hurt you too."

"I saw the video Gray, I wasn't affected by it. If I had to worry about half the things I know guys say behind my back then I would have died from anxiety by now. They're just words," I explained, placing the ice cream on the hood of my car.

He threw his arms wide. "Do you know how ready I was to hit him? To hear him talk about my girlfriend like that, I found it harder to not jump the railing when I saw the tears on your face, and then I had Spence trying to say that it was all part of the plan and then had SJ literally smack my head so I would listen but all I saw was you, crying." He was pacing in front of me.