Chapter 5

Hey Everyone!

|| ✨ ||

"I don't wanna go," Logan mumbled into my mother's neck. His toy plane was clutched tightly in his little hands. Harry and dad were packing the car up, which was just Harry's overnight bag and Logan's few bags.

My mother held him to her, a gentle hand running through his hair. "It's okay, baby, we'll see you next month for Aunty Sophie's wedding!"

He seemed to cheer up a bit at that. He wriggled out of my mother's arms and ran around the driveway pretending to fly his toy plane.

"Does he have to do anything for the wedding?" Harry asked from the trunk.

My mother looked over at me with an exasperated expression. "This is why we tell Alexis things and not him," I told her with a small smile.

"Harold, he is the ring bearer with Lizzy and Valentina walking with him," my mother informed him as we both walked over to him and my father. They packed up the last bag that was filled with toys and shut the trunk.

Harry looked at us with a confused frown. "Wait, Lizzy and Valentina are walking with him...as flower girls?"

This is the part of my family that cemented their 'fame' in this town. "No, they'll be holding little bouquets, Sophie and Cole aren't having a flower girl."

My father pinched the bridge of his nose since he knew exactly what was happening in this wedding that, if we're all being honest, was going to be the highlight next to the actual 'I do's'.

"Sophie has two nieces under the age of five and she doesn't want them as flower girls?" Harry was leaning against the car, still not grasping the obvious. I couldn't stop my shoulders from shaking in silent laughter.

My mother wrung her fingers. "Well, there was a bet or something-you know your siblings-and now Sebastian will be in charge of spreading the flowers down the aisle."

Harry's lip curled up at one side in confusion. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. "Of course he fucking is."

My mother's sharp gasp echoed around us followed by the smack to Harry's arm. "Ow, mom, come on!"

"Daddy said a no-no word!" Logan laughed, running right into Harry's legs, and smiled up at his dad with the brightest smile.

Harry rolled his eyes and picked him up, resting him on his hip. "You're delusional, Daddy doesn't say bad words."

The smile on my face was wide while I watched them debate back and forth. Logan titled his head and asked in an innocent voice, "What's dashoesnell?" My mouth turned into a pout at the cuteness of him trying to say delusional.

"It means you're cute," Harry informed him with a matter-of-fact tone. The fact that Harry is trying to distract his four-year-old from remembering he said a curse word makes me curious to know how often they did that with me, especially since I was bleeding their wallets dry every time they said one.

Logan titled his head this way and that, lost in thought. "Do I get to say fucking then?" The choking sound from my mother had me looking over in concern, only to see her glaring at my eldest brother.

"We better get on the road, I have some bribing to do, clearly," Harry informed us with a tight smile, no doubt terrified of his wife, Alexis, and her wrath at their son using curse words.

There was another round of good-byes and hugs for the little one, who demanded them with the cutest smile I had ever seen. Besides my own, of course.

Harry held me for longer than necessary. "We'll plan something, as soon as we're here for the wedding. Just the two of us, cool?"

I looked up at him with a new shine in my eye. "Deal."