Chapter 8

Hi Everyone!

As per usual I will reply to any comment posted within the week! I'm expanding it since it takes me a week to get through them all!

|| ✨ ||

My hand slammed down on the teachers' desk in front of me. "Okay people, talk to me." Ten sets of eyes stared at me blankly and one stared at me with annoyance.

A hand raised in the air. I sat at the teacher's chair and placed my booted feet onto the desk. I pointed at her to continue. "Uh-we're roughly three weeks away from the dance with nothing planned. People are buying tickets for something they know nothing about."

I stared her down. "What's your name?"

She physically gulped, "Peyton Ross."

"Peyton, thank you for that reassuring confidence boost we all needed." I looked around the room. "This is not Prom, I have little care for it, it's pretty much just a party as far as I'm concerned. And it's not exactly our fault with the supervising teacher we were graced with that decided to throw all of this at us while still needing authority to get things approved."

Rosie nodded her head in agreement, to my utter shock, and leaned back in her seat.

"Now, Rosie went over our budget and it is clear that our best option is the gym for the venue, especially if we want to go all out for Senior Prom this year." I leaned back in the teacher's chair and stared at my heeled boots.

A voice cleared their throat, "What about decorations?"

"Decorations? We're going to Party City and running around like a bunch of five year old's high on candy and a pocket full of spending money, sounds good?" I asked. Honestly, why spend money on expensive decorations when Party City is at your convenience and in every town. Everyone timidly nodded their heads in agreement. "Where are we on a theme?"

Another girl raised her hand in the air, the same one that volunteered me to be the leader. "What about, A Night in the Stars?" I visibly cringed. "Or Winter Wonderland?"

I stared blankly at her. "Its Fall, not winter, and those two themes are so over used that I mentally cannot deal with them."

"Masquerade?" Rosie's voice echoed from her chair. I glanced at her with a perplexed brow. She shrugged. "It's elegant, classy, and mysterious."

I hummed quietly to myself, tilting my head back and forth in thought. "All in favor?" Everyone unanimously raised their hands. "Perfect, masquerade, spread the word, I'll check with the vice principal for approval tomorrow."

Everyone started typing on their device or writing things down and I smiled to myself, feeling a slight sense of accomplishment. The pressure never really affected me since I was a child. My sister, Sophie could never handle too much pressure in high school but she's since learned how to control her emotions and how to not lose your mind when something blows up last minute.

Thinking of my sister made me think of the fact that all my siblings were going to be under the same roof again just next week Friday. It was safe to say that I had both excitement and fear coursing through my veins. I loved my siblings but I wasn't really close with all of them.  

The students were animatedly talking to each other about the dance. Rosie took her time packing up her things. I straightened out the teacher's area, ensuring that it looked like I was never there. When I turned around Rosie was standing there, staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, throwing my bag on my shoulder and heading to the door.

She bit her lip, a frown on her face. She took a deep breath as if what she was about to say physically pained her. "If you want, I could get Spencer to create a poster for the dance."