Chapter 20

Happy New Year my loves!!!

Thank you to everyone who tagged me in Wattpad's Official post saying that I made your 2020 better, it means the world to me!!

Um...so the not posting on Saturday was not actually meant to happen. My laptop spent 8hrs updating and then just died and now it is officially dead...so that's why I didn't post, lol.

|| ✨ ||

Sunday midmorning rolled around at a pace of a snail. My father had picked me up from the dance once it had ended. I stayed to ensure that the cleanup crew was organized and ended leaving shortly after midnight.

I saw Grayson once before he left. He hadn't made any indication that he had noticed I had been missing from most of the night. I didn't even know who won Homecoming King and Queen, definitely not me because no one said anything on my return. I only saw Grayson in passing. He was surrounded by his friends, he was holding up a slightly intoxicated Rosie and SJ was making a scene so that Grayson could safely get her out without the teachers noticing.

I had spent the whole of Saturday with Tessa and Daphne and my parents, shopping and watching movies since it had been bucketing with rain all day. They were due to leave this afternoon.

My mother was out for the day with Tessa and Daphne. I'm not entirely sure what they were doing but they had left early this morning. My father and I were going out for brunch together this morning.

He knocked on my door, sticking his head in my room. "Ready to go Munchkin?"

I smiled over my shoulder, shutting my laptop where I had been doing extra schoolwork. "Yeah." I stood up, straightening my sweater out, and looked up, seeing him smiling faintly. I twirled to the side. "Good?"

The skin by his eyes crinkled from his wider smile. "Perfect."

I gave him a bright smile and followed him down the stairs and out of the house. When I was younger once a month my father and I would spend the day together, whether it be movies or lunch, but we would always spend it together. I knew his job was demanding so some days I would actually go to his office but the older I got the more I was not at home the more he went to work and the less we saw of each other.

I don't know what came over him but during the week one random night, he asked if I would go out to brunch with him today. The air is crisp but not cold enough for a coat. "MUGGs good for brunch?" He asked as we buckled into his Maserati.

I nodded my head.

"How was the dance? You weren't very talkative when I picked you up," he started, pulling out of the driveway and onto the residential road.

I shrugged, watching the scenery around us. "It was fine, just your normal angsty teenage rave."

His laugh is deep as we turned onto the main road. He slipped his sunglasses over his face once we hit the main road and a glare shone through the windshield. "That sounds exactly like something you would enjoy," he said sarcastically earning a scoff and a chuckle from me. He knew me too well.

A few minutes later we turned into a small strip of restaurants along the beachfront. The beach itself was empty due to the cold weather but there were a few people walking their dogs. MUGGs was a small bakery-esque café that was considered a usual stop for the two of us.

MUGGs was a locally owned café that was unusual to most people because it also doubled as a vintage furniture store. Not one chair or table matched in the entire store and everything you sat on or near was for sale.

It definitely wasn't a typical place you would find a strict Partner of a law firm and his aspiring Ivy League-bound daughter but we loved it.

We walked into the small café that only hosted about ten tables and sat at a small rounded table with two mismatching chairs that we usually opted for every time we came here.