Chapter 11

Hi Everyone!

So someone recently reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to post two chapters a week in the month of December seeing as it is a festive month and I have decided that I am going to try it out! One chapter on Wednesday at 12pm (GMT +2) and Saturday at 12pm (GMT +2).

Let's see how it goes!!

As per usual I will reply to any comments posted within the week, your support and reactions are my everything!!

|| ✨ ||

Shouts woke me from my restless sleep. Doors were slamming around the house and I didn't have to open my eyes to know that it was still too early to be this loud. A sob echoed from the hallway and it caught my attention, followed by concerned voices. I cracked one eye open. The sunlight greeted me harshly.

"Baby," my mother sobbed from the hallway and I twisted in my spot to see her throw herself onto my bed, gathering me in her arms. To say I was shocked and confused was an understatement.

I lay there in silence, letting my mother hold me tightly. A glance in the direction to my door would show my siblings including Olivia, Cole and Jackson standing in confusion. Alexis must be with the children and I didn't know Daphne well enough to guess where she was. My father stood at the foot of my bed, his face blank of any emotions.

My mother pulled back, her tears trailing down her cheeks. "Katherine called me this morning." That explains that. Carly must have told her mother who then called mine.

"Mom," I started.

"You were so brave." She hugged me again. "I am so proud of you." She rested a hand on my cheek and brushed unkempt hairs away. "Mia is in a state, Carly took her to the police station to file a report this morning and all that ran through my head was how that could have been you," she sobbed, wrapping her arms around me again. My hands were sitting in my lap.

My father filed my siblings out of the room much to their protest. He was no doubt explaining what had happened to Mia last night. 

"I am so sorry for everything mom, for sneaking out, for the attitude, I didn't mean any of it," I whispered, my body still unmoving.

She hugged me tighter resting her chin on my shoulder. "I don't care about any of that right now, baby. I'm just glad that you're safe."

I threw one arm around her back, lightly hugging her to me. "Yeah, I'm glad too."

My mother left me to shower. Barely. If you count her sitting on my bed until I finished and then walked up and down the hallway until I opened my door. She walked with me downstairs and into the kitchen where everyone was preparing breakfast.

"I don't want anyone to talk about last night, I don't want to ruin breakfast." My mother nodded her head silently and squeezed my hand tightly in understanding.

My father manned the stove, flipping pancakes. I could hear the television blaring SpongeBob SquarePants and figured my nieces and nephew were eating their breakfast with a show.

No one stopped talking but I could feel sets of eyes follow my every movement. I sat at the table and a cup of orange juice was instantly in my hand. Alexis smiled down at me and squeezed my shoulder.

Tessa sat at the counter, half asleep on the stool. Her eyes had dark circles under them. The others kept setting dishes on the dining room table, chatting to each other casually. Once everyone sat at the table my mother opened her mouth. "I'm canceling tomorrow's barbeque."

I jerked my head up and looked at my mom. "Don't."

She looked concerned. "Honey, after last night..."