Chapter 10

**WARNING** This chapter may be triggering for anyone that has dealt with sexual abuse/harassment or assault. Please be warned.

Please be mindful of comments throughout this chapter. Think of others before hitting send. Thank you xx

As per usual, I will reply to any comment posted within the next week!

|| ✨ ||

The party was uninteresting, to begin with. I managed to slip out of the house without anyone noticing which should be considered an Olympic sport because it was not easy. Thankfully mom and dad were in bed already and the little ones were asleep in the guest room we usually reserved for extra family which was perfect. The others were all in the den watching movies.

Natasha and I leaned against the kitchen counter, while Dana grabbed our drinks for us. "So, they're all at the house now?" Natasha asked over the loud music thumping through the house.

I nodded my head, taking the beer bottle out of Dana's hand and twisting the cap off. "Yeah, literally sixteen of us under one roof."

"Oh my god you poor thing," Natasha laughed, covering her mouth with a hand, taking a sip from her caramel vodka and coke mix.

"Ladies," William, the party host himself, greeted us with a sly smile on his face. "Enjoying the party?" He slipped around us, his hand touching my waist purposely for split second before he stood at the counter in between Natasha and Dana, one hand on each of their shoulders. Their faces flushed.

"Eh," Natasha commented with a delicate shrug and a smirk, her eyes piercing through William's shirt. I scowled in disgust.

He grinned and winked at her. "Maybe later we'll see if it gets interesting enough for you." He poured himself two drinks, mixing a few different things together before double fisting the red solo cups on his way out. "Maddie, Percy wanted me to invite you to play a round of kings with him."

"Tell him no thanks, I'm not interested."

He shrugged. "I'm a little busy right now, he'll just have to experience the heartbreak of you not showing up." He chuckled and immediately got lost in the crowd. Only his blonde hair was visible for a short period of time before even that was swallowed up.

I gestured to William's retreating figure. "Why do guys always do that?"

"Do what?" Dana asked, her cheeks flushed from the alcohol.

"Why do they always find ways to brush their hands along your waist or your shoulders? Your body in general?" I asked, glancing around the room.

Gabriella scoffed, "Poor Maddie, getting attention from a hot guy, you tortured soul." Natasha furrowed her eyebrows at Gabriella's words.

"Actually its the possessive meaning behind it, like he can touch what he wants because of who he is, but sure, mistake attention for inappropriate touching," I argued, glaring at her. Natasha stood next to me shaking her head at Gabriella.

My phone pinged in my pocket. I sucked in a breath and stared at the notification.

You are so screwed when you get home. Be thankful mom and dad are out cold. -Tessa

Another ping went off seconds later.

Be safe xx Let me know when you're on your way home -Sophie

My phone remained locked when I placed it back in my pocket.

We strolled through the house for over half an hour, talking to a few people and ignoring the others. Grayson was outside by the pool playing a game of beer pong with his friends. Frank Linton was off to the side, hanging with Percy and his friends, clearly cut off from Grayson and his crowd of friends.