Chapter 58

Hi Babes!!

Wow, three more chapters after this one and it's all over. I don't know how I feel but I'm excited to share new adventures with you all!

If any of you have forgotten, Maddie and Grayson's song from Sophie's wedding is Lights Down Low by MAX.

Enjoy.

|| ✨ ||

May

"Tell me it's red," Grayson murmured in my ear as we walked out of the school the week before Senior Prom.

I rolled my eyes and descended the front steps, giving him a wry smile. "It's not red."

He jumped in front of me, walking backward into the crowded parking lot. "Okay, but you said that the last time and it was."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him toward me so he wouldn't get run over by a sophomore speeding like an idiot. "Exactly, I wore red for Homecoming and my sister's wedding, this is Senior Prom Grayson, not child's play, I need to branch away from my staple color if I'm going to stand out."

"So..." he trailed off, eyebrows high.

"It's blue."

"Blue," he mumbled, a sly smile gracing his lips, "Nice." There was nothing innocent about that smile.

"Oh my god, you're ridiculous," I announced, coming to a stop next to my car. "I've already had a tie made to match, I'll drop it off at yours during the week, okay?"

He held the door open for me and leaned his arm on the door. "You're amazing," he whispered, leaning forward to kiss my cheek.

I turned the ignition and grinned. "I know."

"Question."

"Answer," I replied, digging through my handbag for chapstick.

He chuckled. "Are you aware that there's a group of juniors campaigning for you for Prom Queen?"

I pursed my lips and looked up at him. "Huh, no I wasn't aware but I expect nothing less from my subjects."

Grayson flicked the top of my head. "Bring the ego down a notch."

There was a mischievous gleam in my eye. "Never," I whispered with narrow eyes. "Okay, I'm out," I declared, slipping my sunglasses over my eyes and smiling at Grayson.

"Have a good weekend, Babes. Try not to get sunburnt, we don't want burn lines with the dress next week," he winked and shut my door before I could curse him out. I held up my middle finger and pulled out of the parking lot.

||  ||

"What, exactly, is your idea for getting in the car?" Dana asked with a grin as she watched me shimmy into my dress.

I looked down at the cornflower blue dress. "It's not that poofy, is it?" I asked, waiting for her to zip me up.

"I mean, you could probably fit in your mom's SUV but any other car is out of the question otherwise you'll get major wrinkles," she informed me with a grimace.

My lips pursed in thought while I positioned the two clips in my hair and scrutinized my appearance.

"Hot damn, you two look so good it's unfair," SJ declared as she walked into my bedroom. Her dress had a criss-cross pattern by her neck and was silky black.

Dana danced on her toes and skipped over to SJ, wrapping her in a hug. "You look amazing!"

"I know." SJ winked. "You look like spring," she noted, eyeing Dana's champagne-colored gown with sewn-on flowers.