Chapter 57

Hello Babes!! 

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post this but seeing as how this is probably the most complicated chapter I've ever written, I had to take it more seriously than I have and at least do some research on court etiquette!

Just a reminder, that I have never been in a courtroom or have witnessed a real trial so this is all just a guess at what I assume happens in a courtroom from watching too much television. A lot of the courtroom scene will consist of mostly dialogue and not many descriptions, otherwise, we'll be here all day.

**Also please send me some book suggestions for here on Wattpad whether it's your book or someone else's, I'm going to make a public reading list for anyone to see. I said I would read your books but my life has been crazy so I haven't had any free time to read but I'm going to make a point to at least check out your books! Comment them on this line!

Chapter 10 is the party chapter if you need a refresher, I know I did.

Enjoy.

|| ✨ ||

April

"Okay Maddie, listen to me. Your clothes are your first impression in that courtroom, as soon as they see your outfit they will have made about fifteen different observations about you. So the question is Madeline Hayes, what do you want them to say?"

Courtney Easton sat in front of her laptop screen with a pair of glasses on her face. My mother and I had picked out a few different outfit choices for today but a five am call all the way from France made me rethink all those choices. Especially when dealing with an up-and-coming fashion designer.

Her little boy Luca lay in her arms while she breastfed him. She locked herself in her office while her assistants ran around her workroom.

I stood in front of the laptop in my pajamas and stared at my reflection in the full-length mirror that sat to the side.

"I want them to be afraid," I stated, pulling my hair over my shoulder and brushing it out slowly.

Courtney smirked. "Then let's get to work, bitch."

|| ✨ ||

Thirty minutes later I delicately walked down the stairs in my stilettos and stepped into the kitchen. The rest of the house was still asleep since the trial didn't start until ten and it was barely six in the morning.

Most of them flew in late last night, Valentina stayed behind with Jackson and Charlotte and the twins were staying with Alexis' parents since this was a serious matter that the children shouldn't be exposed to at their age.

Last night, I celebrated a big victory for myself with my parents when I received five different acceptance letters to the colleges of my choice, specifically one from Harvard, Princeton, and Columbia. The choice was mine.

I strutted into the kitchen, intent on eating breakfast now before the nerves got to me. My mother sat at the kitchen table staring out the window. She wore her robe and a cup of coffee sat curled between her hands. She looked concerned.

"Mom?" I asked quietly, not wanting to startle her.

"You stopped sketching," she murmured, not breaking her stare out the window.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

After a few moments, her head turned slowly. "You stopped sketching."

I shrugged, making my way to her. "High school got chaotic," I respond, stopping next to her chair. I don't bother telling her about the shipping container.