Chapter 4

Hey Everyone!

As per usual, I will reply to any comment posted within the next 48hrs! It's so much fun seeing everyone's comments, you guys are hilarious!!

Enjoy x

|| ✨ ||

"Are you excited, Aunty Maddie?" Logan asked, grinning up at me, holding my hand tightly as he jumped from tile to tile on the floor.

"So excited," I told him with a small smile, hoping to God that no one from school saw me walking around with my family like this. It would completely ruin the image I've created around not giving a shit.

The mall was packed with people since it was a Friday night but thankfully hanging out at a mall as a senior on a Friday night was stupid since there were much cooler places to be.

"So when is this wedding again?" Harry asked mom as we walked towards the cinema. Dad had his arm wrapped around mom as she leans into his hold.

"Harrison, really? You're as bad as Sebastian, it's the 23rd of October," my mother rolled her eyes with a grin.

He scrunched his eyebrows in thought. "It's not a Halloween themed wedding is it?" I scoffed, my eyes practically rolling into the back of my head.

"You really think Sophie of all people would agree to a Halloween wedding? Cole, maybe but Sophie? Never."

"Hey Maddie!" A voice called over the crowded area and I grimaced. Shit.

Logan stared up at me with a smile that made him look just like his dad. I smiled at him and leaned down to scoop him up in my arms, letting his legs wrap around my waist and his arm practically strangle my neck.

I turned just in time to see Grayson walk up to me, alone. No friends from school or even his step-sister Rosalie around him. Grayson startled at the sight of a small child attached to my hip. "Who's this?" He gestured to the little boy shying away from the attention.

"This is Logan," I answered, smiling down at the little boy whose head was buried in my neck. "He's shy." Granted his twin Lizzy had enough confidence for about ten people. She gets that from me. "What-uh, what are you doing here?"

He shrugged indifferently. "Just going to see a movie."

"Alone?" I prompted.

"I'm a sucker for children's movies and my friends are assholes-" he covered his mouth quickly, registering what he had just said. Logan slowly moved his head from where it was leaning against my shoulder to look at Grayson.

I looked back and forth between Logan and Grayson while they stared at each other. "You said a no-no word."

I clamped my lips closed and glanced at Grayson with a close-lipped smile. His mouth was open, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry."

Logan shrugged his little shoulder, resting his head in the crook of my neck. "It's okay, I won't tell."

Grayson nodded his head, impressed. "Respect." he held his hand out for a fist bump. Logan just stared at it. He looked up at me and I smiled in reassurance, making a fist and lightly fist-bumping Grayson so he knew it was okay. Grayson didn't take his eyes off of me the entire time.

Logan grinned, slamming his fist into Grayson's in excitement. If the fist bump hurt, he didn't mention it, just smiled at Logan.

"Logie Bear, do you want to get some popcorn?" My mother's voice shut down my thoughts and I turned with Logan in my arms. He held out his arms and vaulted his body forward making me scramble not to drop him and my mother rushed to catch him. "Maddie, we'll be at the concession stand, want anything?"