Chapter 28

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

As per usual I will reply to any comment posted within the next update! I love to see all of your comments! Now, who's ready for Grayson??

|| ✨ ||

Monday morning I walked into school with a greater sense of purpose. People were grumbling over being back at school after a week-long break and the weather only ruined moods further. It was still warmer than New York so I wasn't too upset.

Students stepped out of my way as I strutted through the main hallway. A certain group of people caught my eye and I found myself planting a sly smirk on my face and coming to a stop next to one person in particular.

"Dana," I greeted lightly, noting the short blond that stood next to Natasha and Gabriella. She grinned up at me. The other two glared. "Walk with me?"

Dana looked at Natasha and Gabriella with a cheeky smile. "See you later." She gave a noncommittal wave and turned to face me.

"Dana," Natasha said sternly. I stood still, waiting patiently with my back turned to them. Dana faced Natasha with a raised eyebrow. "We were just about to talk about the New Years party at Tony's house."

I bit in the inside of my cheek to stop the smile spreading across my face. Dana scoffed. "That's a month away we chat about later." I was impressed, Dana was never this bold.

Dana tucked her arm through mine and walked us away without a second glance at the two fuming girls. "Nicely done, Dana, I'm proud."

She grinned up at me. "Well, with you not sitting with us I've had to develop a backbone against those two. It's all your fault."

"You poor thing." I pouted, pulling her along with me.

"Now," she started, "Why the sudden need for a walking buddy?" Students bustled around us trying to get to class before the first bell rang.

I stopped us as we turned the corner. "They're trying to get information on you."

She squinted, tilting her head up at me. "Natasha and Gabriella?" I nodded my head once. "Is this about the cheating thing?" I gave her a knowing look. She rolled her eyes. "Figures."

"You need to distance yourself from them, they're becoming more and more toxic and it clearly shows."

She leaned her back against a locker and stared up at the bright lights. I stood next to her. "Maddie, not all of us are confident enough to sit alone in the library. I'm lucky to have any friends in this whole school, nobody likes the quiet girl."

I smiled down at her, remembering the nervous girl who could barely string a sentence together when I first met her. "Then sit with me in the library."

She gave me a sly smile. "What about Grayson's group? I've heard many rumors about you and them these past few weeks."

"Well, if you come sit with me maybe you'll hear about which ones are true or not." The first bell rang and people surged as a crowd further into the school.

Dana laughed. "Sold! Give me a day to break the news and tomorrow I'll be all yours." She stepped away from the lockers and hiked her handbag further onto her shoulder. I waved goodbye and walked in the opposite direction to my home room.

All my morning classes were filled with due dates from upcoming assignments and essays for the coming weeks. We only had a month before winter break so the AP teachers scrambled to give us as many projects as they could.

At lunchtime I was sitting in the back of the library writing down all the due dates of those assignments in my hardcover school calendar diary. Loud stomping caught my attention and I looked up seeing Grayson walk over to me with a heart stopping smile on his face.