Chapter 29

Hi Babes!!

Here is an over 6,500 word chapter to make up for my delay during the week! Finally got back into my groove today!!

Fair Warning...this is my first time doing anything REMOTELY sexy so don't be mean. lol.

As per usual I will reply to any comment posted within the next update! You don't understand how much I love hearing your opinions and thoughts!!

|| ✨ ||

The next morning I woke up to an odd pressure on my chest. I was lying flat on my back and I opened my eyes to see that dawn had just broken over the horizon. I must have only slept for a few hours then.

I looked down and found Grayson's head resting on my chest, his face turned to the side and his breathing even. I bit my lip and ran a hand through his slightly shaggy hair. His whole body shivered at the touch and he slowly lifted sleepy eyes up to me barely managing to keep them open.

He squinted in the dim room. "What time is it?" My body froze at his morning voice. God damn, the rough voice sent silent butterflies loose in my stomach.

"Uh, I have no idea, early," I answered, sucking in a breath. Talk again, say something else, I demanded him in my head, dying to hear his morning voice again.

He moaned, resting his head back over my breasts. The realization must have hit him where his head was lying because he was getting himself comfortable one second and the next his head had shot up and his eyes were clearer. "I'm sorry."

I shrugged, "Don't be." He furrowed his eyebrows and I lay there, smirking at his still half asleep facial expression.

He tilted his head at my face. "You're oddly affectionate this morning."

I reared my head back, looking at him like he was an alien. "'Oddly'? I am an absolute teddy bear of affection."

He burst out laughing, pulling his body further up to my eye line and leaned on an elbow, staring down at me. "Right," he said in the most sarcastic tone I had ever heard from him.

My jaw dropped and I knocked his elbow out from under him which caused his head to fall forward. This time, I moved out of the way before he could land on me. He made a muffled oof sound before lifting his head up.

I laughed loudly, sitting up. I watched him lean back on his elbows next to me but instead of staying there, he threw an arm around my waist and tackled me to the bed knocking the breath out of me. My hair was all across my face and I continued to laugh breathlessly.

A gentle hand moved pieces of my hair off my face to find Grayson leaning over me, a bright smile on his face. "I don't think I've ever heard you laugh like that before," he said softly, brushing another piece of hair out of my eyes.

I shrugged as best as I could while half buried in his pillows. "I never had a reason to laugh like that." His face moved closer but before he could kiss me I held a hand over his face. "Wait!"

He raised an eyebrow in question and watched me lean over the edge of the bed and grab my duffle bag. He held the back of my legs so that I wouldn't fall off, chuckling at my laziness to not just climb out of the bed.

I pulled out my toiletries bag and unzipped it, digging through it for a few seconds. I let out a victory Aha! and produced a small plastic pocket pack of breath strips. He helped pull me back onto the bed and sat crossed-legged in front of me. I pulled it open and placed one on my tongue, letting it dissolve and burn the inside of my mouth.

I offered him one and he gave me a flat look mixed with an eyeroll. "I am not kissing you with stinky breath," I explained, handing him one.

He held it between two fingers and wiggle it, watching it bend like paper. "I'm sure your breath isn't that bad." He placed it in his mouth and immediately hissed, blowing cool air out of his mouth. Cool, fresh breath.