Chapter 42

Hi Babes!!

Just keeping you all updated, the story is going to go slightly faster now (in terms of time in the story, not real life!)

This book will end with their graduation like Charlotte's book.

What's your favorite book series that isn't on Wattpad? 

|| ✨ ||

This was both embarrassing and a nightmare. And slightly entertaining.

"-another world, another life. Thank God I found the good in goodbye, I used to want you so bad!" My mother and Aunt Jenna were screaming the lyrics to 'Best Thing I Never Had' by Beyonce while standing on the couch in their pajamas. And drunk. Very drunk.

Abigail stood next to me and leaned in, her arms folding across her chest. "This is like a bad Tiktok video," she mumbled. SJ skidded along the hardwood floor in her socks and stopped in front of our mothers, using a champagne bottle as a microphone as she joined them.

I clamped my lips shut so that I wouldn't burst out laughing and gain unwanted attention. Tessa popped up next to us with her phone out, recording them. "That's exactly where it's going," she winked, moving around the room to get better angles.

Olivia and Charlotte were holding each other by the dining room table as they sang along to the end of the song while Charlotte snuck in a few bites of food from the buffet set out along the table.

Alexis and Daphna were making frozen margaritas for everyone at the small wet bar in the dining room. Surprisingly, Olympia was the one showing them how to mix other drinks to make different cocktails.

The little ones were, thankfully, spending the night at Ellie's house with her husband. None of the adults felt comfortable with the amounts of alcohol that were going to be consumed through the night especially because it was New Year's Eve and my mother and aunt already looked like they were going to pass out before ten.

My father and Uncle Ian were outside, avoiding their wives and making hamburgers on the grill even though we already had a bunch of different takeout food here. The rest of the 'men' were outside in the backyard doing 'manly things' as Sebastian boasted about like playing a small game of baseball.

"I have to admit," Rosie mumbled from next to me as we watched SJ, my mother and aunt start singing along to another song, "this is a lot more fun than a regular party."

Sophie strolled past, reaching out and brushing her thumb against my split lip that was still healing. I jerked my head away with a hiss from the spout of pain. "Well Rosie," Sophie drawled with a little smile, "After the last party our dearest sister went to, she got into a brawl."

Tessa snorted.

"And it was fabulous!" Dana exclaimed from where she was exiting the kitchen with a small tray of veggie patties for herself. "She was so terrifying and badass. Amazing." She scuttled past to the sliding door and handed the veggie patties over to my father to slap on the grill.

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. "Takes after her tough older sibling," Tessa said with a smirk, tucking her phone into her back pocket.

Rosie's eyebrows furrowed. "Sebastian?"

At that Sophie snorted. Tessa frowned at Rosie. "No bitch, me."

Rosie chuckled under her breath and nodded in understanding. "Um," she started, watching SJ dance with Dana, "What do we think of Kai?" she asked quietly even though there was no chance that SJ would be able to hear her over the volume of the music.