Chapter 2

Hello Everyone!

As per usual, I will be replying to every comment that is posted within the next 48hrs!!

Enjoy!

Ages of siblings!

Harry - 30
Charlotte - 27
Sebastian and Sophie - 26
Tessa - 24
Maddie - 17

|| ✨ ||

The weekend rolled through without anything interesting. I spent most of the time at Natasha's house soaking up the last few days of sunshine by her pool after I heard mom and dad leave Saturday morning for a full day of wedding preparations. With the wedding happening in a month's time, there was still a lot to be done on our side since it was happening here in California.

I drove up my driveway at the end of school Monday afternoon and parked in my little spot under the tree and turned off the engine. I grabbed my backpack and headed to the trunk, pulling out my gym bag with the juice stained shirt that I had forgotten in there over the weekend. This stain was never coming out now. My footsteps echoed on the hardwood floor as I walked through the empty house, setting my bags down.

"Hello?" I called into the house, hoping to hear a reply. Silence. It's always silent.

I walked upstairs, down the hall past all the empty rooms and stopped at the end where my room was and pushed open my door, shuffling over to my desk, moved some school papers to the side and sat down. My laptop was buried under all my shit so I pulled it out.

I opened it up to my pending list of names:

Number 1- Harper Johnson

Number 2- Frank Linton

I scrolled past the next few names and settled on the first two and started my research. After twenty minutes of work, I leaned back in my chair and looked at everything I had managed to dig up.

Harper Johnson, 17, is most well-known as the Church Girl in school but has been photographed more than once getting black out drunk at college parties that her pastor father has no idea about.

"God this sounds like a bad Footloose plot," I scoffed, opening Frank's file. "Ahh, Frankie," I smirked, scrolling through the pages of straight up skeezy explicit direct messages he enjoyed sending to girls that I've printed out. "Anna is going to have a field day with this."

"Hi Honey," a voice interrupted my scheming and I yelped, leaning back too far in my chair and almost crashed to the ground.

"Mom! Don't scare me like that." I placed a hand on my chest, willing my heart rate to slow down.

"Oops," she giggled, walking further into my room. "Whatcha up to?" Her blonde hair was in a top knot and has stayed in pristine condition over the years save for a few gray hairs that are immediately covered up as soon as they're found. She was still in her skirt and blouse ensemble that was her uniform at the hospital everyday when she's not doing surgery. 

"Nothing," I blurted rudely and shut my laptop quickly. Her smile dropped slightly and I felt the guilt falling on my shoulders. "Just school work, nothing interesting."

She hugged my shoulders and I just stared at my desk, patting her hand absentmindedly. "How was your first week of school? You spent the whole weekend at Natasha's I didn't get to see you."

That's because you didn't come home until late on Friday night and left before I had even woken up on Saturday. I moved out of her arms and stood up, walking over to my closet, "It was okay, some freshman accidentally spilt juice all over my white shirt on Friday, so that was less okay."