Chapter 27

My heart stopped for a second. Clay?

Clay laughed as he unknowingly turned to me. As soon as he spotted me his smile wiped off and he went silent.

"Y/n?" He mumbled under his breath, "Shit, I should've picked a better place."

He was about 10 feet in front of me, leaning on a fence as he sat on the sidewalk. Clay was sitting by this old Asian dude. His clothes looked dirty, he was smoking weed, and we were only about a block away from that 7/11. So I assumed it was the Darryl Clay talked about. I looked down at Clay's hand to see he a blunt placed between his finger tips.

I stood there for a while, 10 long seconds, my face blank with a hint of shock, just staring at him as he stared right back at me with the same expression.

I finally managed to mutter something out, "C-Cla-"

"Y/n," Clay unintentionally interrupted me.

"Dude you fucked up!" Darryl whispered to Clay, loud enough for both of us to hear, as he watched the scene play out.

"She's not my girlfriend." Clay got up.

Why did I get offended by that? I quickly brushed that strange feeling off. Why did he seem angry? Did I do anything?

It just hit me, the prank, did I piss him off? What, no, that's stupid. I couldn't have pissed him off that much with something stupid like that.

"Clay..." I tried to come up with another thing to say besides his name, but I couldn't.

"I'm sorry," Clay stubbornly admitted, almost like he was being forced to apologize by his parents.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at him.

"I'm sorry okay!" He repeated, just as before, but only this time louder. "I'm sorry!"

I still didn't say anything, all there was, was the sound of cars rushing by.

Something besides Clay finally came out of my mouth, "...Why..." Though it was one short word, at least something came out.

"I'm sorry." He apologized again looking down at the ground.

If you're gonna apologize to me at least don't pitifully look down.

"You're not telling me why." I calmly spoke.

Clay repeated his words again as he stepped closer to me, trying to fill in our 10 feet gap, "I'm sor-"

"DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE SORRY! DON'T GIVE ME A PITIFUL APOLOGY!" I realized that I lost my temper. I quickly lowered my voice and took a deep breath, trying to speak as calmly as I could manage, "Tell me why."

"Disappearing off the face of the earth, what a move!" My eyes sarcastically widened.

Clay stopped, he stood there, nothing came out of him, no sounds, no words.

I don't want to fight Clay in front of this Darryl guy. "I'm going," I turned and walked back. It's fine, I'll just take a different way home. Anything to get away from Clay.

Clay ran after me. "Y/n!" He shouted from behind me.

I ignored him and kept on walking.

He followed me, "Y/n!"

Can this guy stop following me?

"Y/N!" He hollered at the top of his lungs, his voice almost echoing.

"WHAT!" I screamed as I turned back to him.

"IT'S BECAUSE I-"