Chapter 14

When we arrived at school it was almost 9 am and 1st period was about to be over. We agreed that we would just suck it up and do the project together and that we would just meet up at the front of the school.

I sat on the school bench waiting for him, "Man, this guy takes a long time." 

I checked my phone again, looking at the time. It was already 3:30 and we both agreed that we would meet up at 3:15. Damn, he probably ditched me again, this motherfucker. 

I waited for 5 more minutes then decided I would just leave, coming to the conclusion that he decided to ditch me, again. 

I was getting up to leave when Clay finally arrived, panting from running. 

"What took you so long." I sat back down, "You chose the time and can't even stick with it." I rolled my eyes.

"At least now we're even," Clay sat down.

"Have you came up with any ideas?" I took out my notebook out of my backpack.

Clay scratched his head, "No...."

I sighed, "Dude...YOU'RE THE SMART ONE HERE!"

"WELL YOU'RE THE DUMB FUCK HERE!" Clay shouted in his defense.

I covered my face with my hands in frustration. 

We both sat there silently as we always do when faced with each other. We either fight or be quiet we can never actual have a conversation.

"Okay, okay, we'll plan how we're gonna write the article. We'll write down places that we go to often and just chose the one we want most and at the end we'll look at each other's choice and vote on which one we'll choose, okay?" Clay turned to me.

"You look so stupid right now," I laughed, he looks so funny when he thinks hard.

Clay angrily sighed, "OH MY GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!."

"Are you going on the senior trip tomorrow?" I purposely tried to annoy him because he looked so dumb mad.

"OH MY GOD!" He was trying so hard not to punch me.

I giggled, "Okay, okay,"

"I'll write some ideas on my phone and you can-"

"You still hang out with that crazy dude who used to hang around the 7/11 we used to go to?"

"STOP GETTING OFF TRACK Y/N." He shouted, obviously annoyed out of his mind. "And he wasn't 'crazy', he was Darryl." Clay slapped me on the side of my head. "Dude let me try weed for the first time, he is a god."

I looked back at him laughing, "You know that sometimes you're-" My eyes caught his collarbone, it looked red, almost purple.

Suddenly a huge wave of guilt rushed over me, knowing what the color was from and why he was so late.

"Y/n?" Clay was concerned that I stopped mid-sentence and was just staring at him.