Chapter 32

He rested his forehead on mine, looking into my eyes, smiling sweetly.

I softly smiled, looking into him, "I like you too."

"No way!" He sarcastically acted surprised, laughing.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, giggling.

He took my hand and started walking on the road.

"Where are we going?" At this point, I'm used to him pulling this shit on me.

He looked back at me, "You'll see."

"It's still raining, we're gonna get sick-"

"Don't worry about it." He winked at me.

I chuckled at his stupid little wink.

The rain was still pouring down and it seemed like it wasn't gonna stop anytime soon.

"Remember when we had that huge ass fight." I laughed thinking about it.

Clay kept on walking, "Which one?"

"The one where we did it in front of the whole school." I looked around, looking at the houses and small puddles on the ground.

Clay laughed, "The way I landed on top of-"

"SHUT UP!" I got red.

He started laughing even harder. He stopped walking and turned around to look at me.

"Keep on walking," I turned him back around, tugging onto his shoulders.

Clay chuckled, "You look so cute when you get embarrassed."

"I said shut up!" I pushed him forward.

"Here?" I looked around. It was just some random parking lot.

"Keep on looking," He grinned.

My eyes widened as I noticed where we were. "C-Clay?" I looked back at him.

It was the elementary school that we both went to.

"You like it?" He did some stupid finger guns at me.

"......You're the least romantic person ever dude. This is a fucking parking lot."

Clay laughed, "I'm trying my best here!" He noticed that I was hugging my arms because I was cold.

Clay laid down his jacket on the parking lot ground.

"What are you doing?! You're gonna get it dirty!" My eyes looked down at the jacket that was laying on the wet concrete then back at Clay.

"It's already soaking wet, it's gonna do me nothing." He laid down on the wet concrete right next to the jacket.

I looked at him in confusion.

He patted the jacket next to him, "Lay right here."

"Are you crazy?!" I looked around us to see if anyone was around.

"Oh come on, just lay here with me for a moment." He put his hands up and laid his head on his arms. 

"We're gonna get sick and wet." I stood over him.

"We're already wet and we'll get sick together. Stop being stubborn and lay right here." He patted the jacket next to him again.

I hesitantly laid down on the jacket next to him.

"Water's getting in my eyes." I complained.

"Then close them." He giggled.

I closed my eyes, I heard the relaxing sound of the rain. You know maybe he was onto something. There was no one around. Besides the the occasional sound of cars driving across giant puddles, it was just us. Me and Clay laying there on the parking lot concrete, looking up at the falling sky, not caring how wet we were getting.

"Clay...why didn't you go to school?" I finally spoke something after what seemed like an half hour.

Clay scoffed, embarrassed by his own answer, "I was afraid to tell you that I......I liked you."

I chuckled, "What kind of excuse was that."

He started laughing, "I'm being serious!"

"School's tomorrow, are you coming back?" I turned to him, my face touching his wet jacket.

Clay's laughed died, only a faint smiled was seen on his face. "No," He turned to me, using his arm so his face wouldn't touch the ground.

"Why?" I looked into his eyes.

He sweetly looked back into mine, "I just...don't want to. I might later, but I don't know."

"Ok." I turned back onto my back and closed my eyes.

I suddenly felt a body hugging me.

"Clay?" I opened my eyes and turned next to me. I saw him hugging me. His head was on my chest as he hugged my torso.

"Are you warmer?" He looked up to me from my chest.

I giggled, "Yes." He's so cute.