Chapter 24

I ran to Clay as fast as I could after spotting him parking his car, "Clay!" I grabbed him by the shoulder as he closed his car door.

He turned around to me, confused.

"You're printing the project right?" I crouched down trying to catch my breath.

Clay furrowed his eyebrows, "I thought you were going to.." Clay's eyes started widening, realizing what I was implying. His jaw dropped, "FUCKING DUMBASS!" He slapped my forehead.

"I THOUGHT YOU KNEW!" I slapped his forehead back.

It was a month later, April arrived quicker than I thought.

"Oh my god," Clay messaged his forehead, attempting to settle down his stress.

"I TOLD YOU IT ONLY PRINTS IN BLACK AND WHITE!" I put my hands in my hair.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO PRINT IT!"

"IT WAS IMPLIED! I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE SMART ONE HUH?" I crouched down on the floor almost in tears because the project was due today.

"I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING PRINTER! I THOUGHT YOU KNEW THAT!" Clay started pacing around.

"GET IN!" Clay jumped back into his car as I went around it to the passenger seat.

Clay didn't even back his car out of the parking spot, he just drove his car across the sidewalk that was between the parking lot and road while speeding.

"DUDE YOU'RE GONNA KILL US!" I held onto the car's grab handle for dear life.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO NOT PRINT IT!" Clay swerved his car again, making my body shift to the left. "YOU HAVE THE PDF OF THE PROJECT OR SOMETHING RIGHT!?"

The car was filled with screaming and shouting from the both us. Riding in the car felt like something from a fast and furious movie.

"NO I DON'T!" I sarcastically answered.

Clay, not getting my sarcasm started shouting and yelling again, "HOW???? YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID-"

I scoffed, "I DO FUCKING CUNT! THAT WAS A JOKE, OH MY GOD! TAKE A JOKE-"

"THIS DOESN'T REALLY SEEM LIKE THE TIME FOR JOKING!" Clay bumped over another sidewalk.

"YOU'RE THE DUMB ONE HERE! THIS IS WHY I NEVER WANTED TO WORK WITH YOU!" I screamed.

Clay did a sudden turn, we saw blinding lights from a car driving towards us with its horn blaring out.

Clay and I both screamed at the top of our lungs as Clay slapped his hands on the horn while stomping the gas pedal, speeding his way to the other side of the road. He drove over the grass and sidewalk onto an Office Depot parking lot.

Clay slammed onto the breaks of the car, my body jolted forward. I'm surprised I didn't break my back.

As quick as Clay could, he unbuckled his seat belt, flew the door open and spilled his guts out on the ground.

"DUDE!" My jaw dropped, seeing this, live, from the passenger seat. "OH MY GOD!" I watched him gag as his vomit poured onto the parking lot.

Suddenly I felt my own vomit come up my throat, a feeling go up my throat. My eyes widened. With every will of power I still had in myself I swallowed that shit back down. The after taste was horrible and there was this burn in my throat.

I turned back to Clay who was still gripping his hand onto the side of the car, his vomit and gagging seemed to finally stop.

"DUDE ARE YOU OKAY?!" Even though I was still in the passenger seat of the car I could still see the pile of vomit on the ground.

"NO I'M NOT FUCKING OKAY!" Clay shouted, still crouching down with vomit dripping from his mouth.

I ran back into the car with our project printed out, Clay immediately hit the gas pedal before I could even put on my seat belt and fully close the door.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO FUCKING LONG?!" Clay shouted as he swerved out of the parking lot back onto the main road.

"I HAD TO WAIT FOR THEM TO PRINT DUMBASS!" I gripped onto the grabbing handle. "YOU'RE GONNA KILL US AGIAN

Clay ran over another red light, "WE HAVE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES LEFT UNTIL CLASS STARTS!"

"BITCH WHY DOES IT EVEN MATTER!" I shouted back

"I'M NOT HAVING ANOTHER DETENTION!" Clay bumped over yet another sidewalk, making the car tilt.

"WHY DOES IT EVEN MATTER! HOW HAVE WE NOT BEEN PULLED OVER YET?!" I looked behind us to see if there were any cops following us.

Clay finally spotted the school, "I DON'T EVEN KNOW!" He slammed onto the gas pedal as we drove over the sidewalk again, back onto the school parking lot.