Chapter 45: The Ocean

We passed the small entrance of the lonely beach we went to last time we were here, this means we're getting closer. The sun was shining, unlike last time. The road was clear.

"We're here!" I grinned as I opened the passenger side door, practically jumping out of the car. I started walking to the place, our place.

"Wait!" Clay shouted, still getting out his car.

I chuckled, "Then hurry up." I looked back at him.

Going back here, it wasn't as wet and muddy as last time, it wasn't as foggy and cloudy. I sighed as I sat back, resting my head on his shoulder, glazing at the ocean.

"The bench isn't wet this time," Clay giggled as he stroked my hair.

We peered over the sea, that beautiful, elegant sea. The ocean's salt water was so bitter to the tongue yet so beautiful to the eyes, the waves sparkled against the sun. Currents thrashed against large rocks that peaked out through the waters. The sun watched over us. It was like something from a movie, it felt like a haven. Clay rested his hand on top of mine, almost like his palm was protecting my fingers, keeping them warm and soft.

I left a shy kiss on his cheek, pecking it. Clay returned the favor, his fingers softly placed a strand of hair of mine behind my ear before placing a soft kiss on my nose, making me blush.

~

We never made it to the bench that day, you could say we ran into some...problems on the way there. But this information now resides inconsequential, this only means that we'll be together forever, for the rest of our so called 'existence'.

We will spend the rest of our days frolicking by the ocean. We will spend our forevers watching the sea with the warmth of each other in peace and tranquility. We will spend it hearing seagulls pass by as the waves crashed onto the rocks. We will spend it staying on the bench where we sat, looking over that sweet old ocean. The wind will sway with grace. The thriving flowers that once only bloomed in the spring air shall now bloom all throughout our days. The sun would prosper happily. Holding hands with soft smiles on our faces we will be with each other until the time of forever dries out. We'll lay in sweet fields of blossoms. We'll cuddle in each others embrace. Beautiful melodies will sing in the background.

At a time, I thought our love was tragic, something that was hopeless, but I am now well aware of how wrong I was. I was so unbelievably wrong. It was clear as the sky that we loved each other, and nothing could change that.

The faint pain that was once held inside of our chests during lifetime is gone. The despise of the small problems we held in our grasp during existence is gone, forgotten. Our persistent suffering of existence is over. Pain is no more, bliss will now only come to us. Our footprint in this world will slowly fade, but we could care less. Why dwell on our past existence when we have each other. Why reside on the old emotions that once plagued us of our lives when we are living in a perfect haven, an afterlife.

Though our time was limited in physical existence, we could spend the rest of our eternity together, that is, until we would decide when to end our souls. After our grateful time together we will become within the stars and be mere ex-existents together. Though our consciousness will never see each other again, our unconscious will sit by each other, together, grasping onto the fingers of the other's hands contently.