Chapter 41

What happened to us?

1 week later

I skipped school today, I really didn't feel like going and it's Friday anyways. Since I was skipping school I should probably make myself useful somehow. So I decided to walk to the nearby supermarket and get some groceries. Carrying a couple bags of random shit my family needed, I walked back home with earbuds in my ears. Clay....yeah, he stopped picking me up from school, that's fine I guess. I was probably a nuisance anyways. Did I forget to mention he still hasn't showed up at school? You know, at least he still responds to my texts and calls unlike before. Though his answers seemed a bit....distant. I haven't seen him in person since that day he was supposed to show up to school, what is wrong with this bitch? 

Walking back home, I see someone standing in front of my house from the street, they haven't noticed me. As I walked closer to them, I noticed that there were more than one person there, three people. Terra? George? Nick? The fuck are they doing here? I slowed down my walking, my nosey ass had to listen to what they were rambling on about.

"I can't do this, you guys do this." Terra put her hands up to her forehead in stress, "This doesn't feel right."

"She's being fucked up anyways, it's better if she knows what's going on." Nick sighed. 

"I feel like such a dick." Terra crouched, her hands on her thighs. "He's such a fucking pussy," Terra gritted her teeth.

"Wait...now I don't know if I wanna do this anymore." George started pacing around in small circles, doubting.

Nick seemed to be the only one still in composure out of the three, "Look, I feel like a dick for doing this too, but the longer we put this off, the worst it's gonna get."

Terra took a deep breath. "You're right, you're right," She looked to the ground, nodding. 

George was still stressed, "Wait are we just going to-"

Terra slapped George on the shoulder, making him stop his sentence.

"Huh?" Confused, George observed where Terra and Nick were looking at, following their gaze, "Shit." He mumbled as he saw the one standing there, me.

"You think she heard all of that?" Terra whispered to George and Nick as they all stared at me and I stared at them back.

We were both frozen, all of us. No one said anything, no one moved. A deer in headlights, that what we all looked like. 

"Guys?" I finally managed to mutter out.

They didn't reply, a hint of shock still apparent on their frozen faces.

"Guys?" I repeated, taking a step closer to them.

Terra put on a fake smile, trying to cheer up this awkward air, "Y/N!" She had no idea what to say.

"Y/N!" George copied Terra, not knowing what to do with himself either.

Nick sighed, "I don't know how to say this...but Clay-"

"That bitch died didn't he." I joked, not knowing what else to do in this situation, but crack out a joke.

"Well..no...but..." Nick paused for a second, not knowing how to phrase the next words that were going to come out of his mouth. With his head still in the same place, his eyes turned to Nick and Terra, his eyes were asking them to help him. 

Terra got the memo, she tried to come up with something herself on the spot. "So you know how Clay's been a dick to you lately...." Her face seemed red from how tense she was. She slapped George's arm, not being able to bring herself to tell me.

I feel like an idiot in this scenario. I have no idea what's going on, oblivious from everything. My eyes shifted back and fourth between all three of of them.

"Well uh...he says th-that he wants to uh...." George stuttered.

Nick finished George's sentence, "He says he wants to....break up with you."

My face went dead, my brain still trying to process what he just said. A chuckle came out of my mouth, I started laughing. HOW DO I REACT TO THIS? He's so much of a pussy he can't even tell me himself. God, this is the worst way to break up with someone. Wait no....I'm going to a conclusion too quickly, this is probably one of his sick pranks on me again.

Terra felt so bad that she was about to cry herself, "Y/n, I'm so sorry! I can't believe he would do this, I would beat his fucking ass if I could right now!" Terra started walking over to me, needing to comfort me, but Nick grabbed ahold of her wrist, stopping her from going. Terra looked back at him, "Come on!" She silently begged with her lips. Nick wordlessly shook his head at Terra. 

"Y/n, are you okay?" George asked, worried for me. I haven't said anything besides that strange laugh of denial.

"Where is that motherfucker right now?" My tongue tried to keep itself inside of my mouth, pushing itself against my inner cheeks to try to block myself from screaming at the top of my lungs and crying.

Nick sighed, "I can't just tell y-"

"I DON'T CARE TELL ME!" I shouted, loud enough for my voice to echo through the neighborhood.

Nick scratched his head, "I don't know, but his mom's been forcing him to go outside because she's mad at him. He'll probably be walking around his neighborhood or somethin-"

Before he could even finish his sentence I had already started to run off, they both quickly ran after me. 

"Y/N!" Terra screamed, trying to catch my attention. It didn't do much though, my head was in a trance, I wasn't thinking clearly. 

Nick grabbed onto my wrist, stopping me from running away. "Y/N!" He yelled out.

"WHAT!" I screamed, my throat shaking, as I turned back to them. "Stop giving me that look," I glared at George.

"We're doing this for you," George pleaded.

"THEN LET ME BEAT HIS ASS!" I screamed as I pushed Nick back.

"Y/n," Terra tried to calm me down. "You know damn well if we could I would come with you and beat his ass with you, but we can't." Her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyes filled with worry.

"Why." I tried to gain control over myself, taking a deep breath.

"He's not in the best mind right now..." Terra spoke in almost a whisper, but loud enough for me to hear.

I scoffed. This thing called sympathy, empathy, whatever it is, I fucking hate it. "You guys really feel bad for him?" My voice cracked, my heart was crushed, my nose felt that sting that notified you were going to cry.

"No, we don't," Nick looked down at the ground then back at me, "But we-" 

I laughed, my eyes wide like a psychopath, "SO YOU DO!" They feel sympathy for this motherfucker.

"Y/n, you're not in the right state of mind," George tried to reason with me. 

"George, no one asked for you opinion," My usual calm manor was crushed, I was taking my anger out on George who was doing nothing wrong. What's wrong with me? I knew damn well what I was doing was wrong, but I didn't care, I continued anyways.

George, quieted down.

"C'mon, y/n, this isn't you." Terra knew the most about me, she's knows me, but not this me.

"I'm so sorry you had to find out this way, I really am, but..." Nick was starting to regret telling me this information, maybe living in blissful ignorance was better.

I laughed again, I laughed at the fact that he couldn't even finish his sentence. 

Nick spoke calmly, "Think about what you're going to do-" 

Huh, they thing I'm crazy, don't they? They're afraid I'm gonna hurt him, well...they're not wrong.

"-this isn't you." 

I rolled my eyes, "You know you guys can't stop me right?"

"Yes," Terra pursed her lips against each other, her head bending down towards to floor.

I chuckled right before dashing it and running to find Clay.