Chapter 4

It was Saturday and I was already late. What is up with me being late with everything? I glanced at my phone to check the time, 1:09. I ran as fast as I could, almost tripping and falling on my face. As soon as I spotted the library entrance I sped up even faster.

"You're late." Clay briefly looked at his watch.

I crouched to try to catch my breath from all that running, "I thought you wouldn't even show up."

Clay rolled his eyes, "Who do you take me for?"

"An ignorant bastard." I took a deep breath.

We both sat down on the concrete of the almost empty library parking lot. A cold breeze blew my hair in my face, it's so cold. We silently sat there for a couple minutes, waiting for each other to say something.

Clay cleared his throat, "Do you have any ideas?"

I looked up to him from the ground "No....you?"

".....No......" He looked back down to the ground.

Awkward silence filled the air again. At this point, we're literally gonna get nothing done. We're just gonna sit here for an hour being passive aggressive to each other.

"I thought you were smart." I spat out, my eyes still glued on the ground.

Clay scoffed, shaking his head, "You're the dumb one here." He glared at me.

"You can't come with a single idea," I rolled my eyes.

"You can't either, moron, fucking dumbass, at least I didn't-"

"Oh, I'm the dumb one? I had to hold your hand all throughout elementary!" I stood up, done with his bullshit. I can't stand being with him anymore.

He stood up too, getting closer to me, "Lets not bring that time back, especially when you're so fucking stupid that Fletcher had to move me next to you to get better grades bitch!"

I stood there in disbelief, "Do it cunt, call me a bitch again," I scoffed, "CALL ME A BITCH AGAIN!" I gripped my hands on the collar of his shirt, tugging his face closer to me. Our faces were inches apart while Clay was carelessly looking to the side to ignore my eyes. I screamed in his face, "CALL ME A BITCH AGAIN!"

He looked back at me, our eyes connecting, "Bitch," he whispered.

Without hesitation I slapped him as hard as I could, you could practically hear the sound echo from across the street.

Clay's mouth dropped, he put his hand up to feel his, now red, cheek, then chuckled.

"I'm leaving, I can't do this with you anymore." I turned.

Clay chuckled, "Y/n!" He grabbed onto my wrist.

I violently shook my wrist out of his grip, "Don't touch me."

Clay sighed, "We need to finish this project." He let go of my wrist.

I took a couple deep breaths, okay, okay, just this and we're over, I can do this. "Okay," I turned back to him.

We both sat back down on the concrete of the library parking lot, pure tension between us was all I could feel.

"Clay!"

I heard a voice shout, I looked behind me to see some kids from our school. Right! they're the one's that I always see Clay with. Though he usually doesn't talk to anyone, these people seem to be the only people that I ever see Clay around. It's usually just him sitting alone and sometimes with them.

I looked back at Clay, he looked like he had this worried look on his face. I gave him a puzzled look, but he just sat there frozen.

"Clay!" they called out again.

I turned to them then back at Clay, even more confused.

"I have to go." He stammered as he got up.

"Wow, you're really gonna ditch me right now." I chuckled in disbelief as he started swiftly walking away from me and the group behind me.

I looked back behind me at the group of people. They stopped walking, they kinda just stayed still, watching Clay leave, I sighed.