Chapter 34

The next morning we woke up at a staggering 2 pm. Before we went to the beach we stopped at my house so I could pack my essentials for our trip then we went off.

I opened the passenger side window. I rested my arm on the window opening, I felt the breeze flow against my hair and face. "You know, when I was little I used to be afraid to stick my hand out incase a car would come up to me and slash it away." I giggled, turning to Clay then back at the window I was staring out of.

Trees pasted by, we were going so fast they all looked like blurs. Occasionally cars would pass by us on this lonely road. Trees surrounded the road, small rays of light from the sun would peak through the leaves and opening of the pine trees. They were tall trees, I wonder how old they are. They could be what, a hundred years old, no maybe even thousands.

Clay glanced at me then back at the road, "Remember when we went on that school trip a couple months ago and you slept on my shoulder and I slept on you on the bus." Clay chuckled, "We were both so embarrassed."

I giggled as my head stuck halfway out the window, "And we like scooted away from each other as much as possible, only half of my butt cheek was on the chair, that's how much I wanted to get away from you."

We only started dating yesterday, but it feels like we already know each other. It seems like we've been doing this for a long time, I feel so comfortable with him. 

"How much money did you bring?" I turned to Clay.

"I don't know, like $40." He kept his eyes on the road, "You?"

I looked through my backpack. "$20," I found a crumpled twenty dollar bill sitting in the front pocket. "Damnit I should've brought more money. I sucks being a broke bitch." I frowned as I stuffed the twenty dollar bill back in my backpack.

"At least we'll be broke bitches together," Clay grinned, turning to me.

"Keep your eyes on the road, you're gonna kill us both," I glared at him.

"Yessirr," Clay laughed.

"I remember as a kid you had that stupid ass water jug of quarters and dimes. Where did that go?"

"I spent it on this baby you're sitting in." He patted the driver's wheel.

"You used to have that obsession with one dollar coins, you thought that was the coolest shit ever," I laughed, shaking my head.

He giggled, "It was!"

"Y/n!" I felt a sudden hard slap on my forehead, waking me up.

"Huh," I groaned.

He slapped me on the forehead again, "We're here!" 

Still half asleep, I leaned to the side against what I thought was the passenger door, still not realizing Clay was standing at my door that was now wide open. Mid-fall, I realized that there was no door, I completely woke up just like that, panicking. 

"Woah," Clay quickly bent down and caught me with his arms before I could hit the concrete.

As soon as he caught me I bolted up. Clay laughed at my pathetic state of being. 

"Shut up," I slapped him on the forehead like he did to me earlier.

I turned to see the ocean. The ocean wind blew in my face. Looking down, the stairs down to the beach were so long, it looked as though the rails had overgrown bushes and other plants hugging around it. It looked as though we were in the middle of no where, no one was there. It was the type of beach that would be at a random side of the road, that's probably because it was a random beach on the side of the road. Usually when I went to the beach it was hustling with a bunch of people and restaurants, but this one was more closed off and quiet. It felt nice, it felt calm, it was beautiful.

"You like it?" Clay smiled as he looked out onto the sea. 

I slapped him on the forehead again then turned to back to the ocean, "Yeah."

He slapped me on the forehead in retaliation.