Chapter 12

It was about 7:30 am and I was locking my door to walk to school. It was so cold and foggy.

I walked off the driveway of my house onto the sidewalk while putting on my earbuds.

"Hey!" I hear a muffled sound, assuming it was someone else I ignored it and just kept on walking.

"HEYYY!" The shouting was a louder, but I still assumed it was for someone else.

The voice screamed, "Y/F/N!" I looked around to see who it was while taking off my earbuds, I finally found them, across the street, on the other side of the road.

"GO AWAY!" I shouted to Clay from across the road then went back to walking.

Clay ran to the other side of the road, following after me. "Y/NNNN!" He started whining.

I sighed, obviously annoyed by him as I kept on walking.

"Y/N!" He ran in front of me, making me almost bump into his chest.

I looked up at him.

Clay suddenly dropped down on the ground on his knees. My eyes followed him, looking down at him.

I took a step back, "What the-"

Clay looked up at me from the ground, "Y/N-"

"Clay, what the fuck is this, get up." I stood there in pure incredulity.

"Y/N I'M SORRY!" He shouted from the concrete of the sidewalk.

"DUDE STOP IS THIS A PRANK OR SOME SHIT!" I anxiously and hurriedly looked to see if there were people around.

No one's around us, what is he going at?

"I'M A JERK, I'm sorry I've never apologized! After 5 years I never apologized, I'M SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT." Clay cried out as a tear fell down his cheek, his head down looking at the pavement in shame, "I'M SORRY-"

"CLAY STOP!" I messaged my forehead to try to get rid of this aching headache of annoyance he was giving me. "Get up." This is so embarrassing.

"I just kept on acting like a dick to you. I couldn't even find the courage t-to apologize or-"

I turned around and pulled him up from the ground by his shirt collar. "CLAY!" I shouted in his face.

He jumped, halting his rambling and shouting.

There was quietness for a moment, just us looking into each other's eyes. Mine filled with anger and annoyance, his with desperation and startle.

"Let's talk about this somewhere else, not like....this..." I shifted my eyes to the left to avoid his gaze.

A faint smile appeared on Clay's lips, "Okay..."