Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

Two days later.

Shion and Somi were sitting outside the Intensive Care Unit where Chaeyoung was laid. The operation took more than 24 hours and none of them had even took an hour of sleep. The stress and fatigue were taking a toll on their already emotionally-exhausted bodies.

"How is she?" The approaching General Son inquired his daughter-in-law who was looking blankly at the floor. Only the metal waiting chair was keeping her ground.

"The doctors are done with her craniotomy. They said that we will know once she wakes up. That is if she ever will. The probability of her falling into coma is high with the kind of traumatic brain injury that she has." Shion explained through cracked voice as she tried her best to hold in her tears.

"She'll be fine, dear. Chaeyoung is a strong kid. Believe in her." General Son said while wrapping his arm around his daughter-in-law to comfort her.

"Who could have done this to her?" Shion asked nobody in particular as she buried her head on her father-in-law's strong shoulder. "Why would they do this? My daughter doesn't deserved this. Nobody deserves to be in her situation right now. My poor daughter."

"Don't worry about it, dear. I already took care of it. Nothing like this will ever happen to Chaeyoung as long as I'm here. I will take care of both of you. I will never break the promise I made to my son." General Son said with sincerity in his voice.

"Thank you, Dad. I hope Chaeyoung wakes up soon." Shion said wistfully.

"She will, dear. She has to." General Son pulled her closer as if securing her from further harm and hurt.

"Ms. Somi, I think you should take a rest. I will let you know if there will be any update on SC's condition." Masahi sat down beside Somi while maintaining a formal distance between them. His general was a few seats from them. "I'm sure SC will not be happy to see you in this state once she wakes up." He said positively.

Somi straightened up from her defeated posture and rested her head on the wall behind her. Her eyes were focused on the white ceiling above her. "Will it be too selfish of me if I bring Chaeyoung to Germany without informing Mina? I am still her legal wife after all, am I not? Should I not be the one to decide for her now?"

Masahi stared at the wall opposite them for a long time as if looking for answers. After a pregnant seconds, he released a sigh before combing his hair with his scarred hand. "Everything is fair in love and war, Ms. Somi. Do whatever you think will be good for both of you."

Before Somi could reply, a nurse came out from the ICU with the record in her hands. The woman just simply gave them a smile before walking to her destination but as soon as she passed Masahi, her phone rang.

"If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be."

The song stanza flooded the hallway and the nurse immediately rummaged through her pocket to find her phone in order to silence it. She muttered an apology before continuing her way.

Somi let out a low and sad laugh, ignoring the nurse's misdemeanor of bringing mobile phone inside the ICU. "Sometimes we make our own destiny." She said, looking at Masahi who had a little understanding of what she was trying to imply. "We will bring Chaeyoung to Germany once the doctors here give a go signal for her transfer. What she needs right now is a state of the art health facility and nothing more. All the people whom I believe need to know her current situation is already informed."

"I understand, Ms. Somi. The General is of the same opinion as you." Masahi agreed, looking at Somi who gave her a sad smile.

____

I Can't Stop MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara