Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

INSIDE THE CONFERENCE ROOM

Chaeyoung followed the lead of her Black haired manager. She found herself inside a rectangular conference room that can house a good fifty people inside without crowding it. Judging from the number of already seated occupants, the reason for the massive expanse of the room cannot be doubted. It was efficiently serving its purpose. The two seats in front of them were unoccupied. Perhaps reserved for the two additional occupants that just came in.

A detachable wooden table was currently arranged in an elongated form where the occupants were currently sitting behind. There was a hollow area in the middle. Directly on the farthest wall was a rolled down white sheet used for projection. The phrase "Welcome to the Lady Assassin Movie Briefing Conference" was flashed on the white sheet.

Chaeyoung found herself rooted on her spot. It wasn't because she was overwhelmed by the unexpected crowd in front of her. Neither was it because those crowds' hungry eyes were all over her. Nor was it because some of the artists male and female alike looked like they were about to devour her the moment they saw Chaeyoung in her black-tea-stained v-neck t-shirt with denim jeans matched with a pair of black boots entered the conference room. All of these faded into the background of the blonde haired young director's attention. Her focus panned and zoomed in like a camera to one of the occupants of the room.

"Speaking of the devil." Chaeyoung thought. Her glaring orbs were throwing daggers to a certain heavily clothed familiar figure who was painstakingly discarding her oversized cream hat and jacket. With those two pieces of clothing discarded, she was presented with the view of a gorgeous tawny haired woman with all the curves in the right places. The tawny haired woman removed her dark glasses and dark brown orbs peeked behind eyelids. She bit the end of her dark glasses as her  orbs shamelessly undressed the blonde haired young director with them. Her gaze fell on Chaeyoung's ruined t-shirt and her  orbs twinkled with amusement.

"The nerve! This is your damn doing!" Chaeyoung grumbled in her mind when an amused smile crossed the tawny haired woman's feature. She composed herself when she noticed a figure approaching towards her.

"Welcome, Director Son. I am Kim Dahyun, the producer of this movie. Pleasure to meet you." A dark haired woman approached Chaeyoung holding her hand out for a handshake.

"Thank you. Pleasure is mine, Ms. Kim. I will be temporarily handling the movie in the absence of Director Minatozaki." the blonde haired young director took the offered hand before releasing them. Her orbs were looking straight at the dark haired producer's eyes.

"Yes, we are well informed. We are sorry for the unfortunate event." Dahyun was quite glad that it will be the ever evasive genius young director who will be handling the project.

Chaeyoung was the only one in equal footing, if not higher, in terms of competence and excellence in cinematography with Director Minatozaki. A lot of projects were thrown at her feet but she was not one to just accept without taking matters into consideration. She was considered as one of those high-standard but very talented directors of the 21st century.

"Well, have a seat, Director Son.We will begin in a moment." Dahyun ushered Chaeyoung to her seat. Jihyo was already seated on her place.

Chaeyoung found herself seated on the head of the conference table. Next to her left was the tawny haired woman followed by  Dahyun and a blue haired manager. The other seats were filled by other people involved in the project who were mostly actors and actresses from various age brackets and crews.

Pile of thick white sheets of paper containing the details of the project were placed in front of each occupant. A microphone was also installed on the table to aid anyone who wished to speak raise the volume of their voice without straining their vocal chords. Refreshments were laid for anyone whose throat might scream for any liquid during the conference. An empty goblet and assorted beverages ranging from water to wine were also laid on the table.