Chapter 33

Epilogue

Japan

It was the day after their wedding and the couple was still snuggled in bed.

Chaeyoung was admiring her wife's serene face for a couple of minutes already. Her messy hair and slow breathing were a sight that she wanted to be forever imbedded in her mind. She knew that it was probably past eight in the morning, given how the sunlight that slipped through the curtains was illuminating her wife's immaculate face, but she had no intention of getting out of bed any time soon. She fixed a loose strand of Mina's  mane that get in the way of her view.

"Chaeyoung is staring again."Mina pulled the blanket to cover her naked body. Slowly she opened her eyes and she was greeted by Chaeyoung's fond smile.

"Good morning, my beautiful Mrs. Son" Chaeyoung gave her a peck on the lips. "Why is my baby being shy now?" She tried pulling the blanket away from Mina's body but the woman just held it in place.

Mina  looked at her wife who was shamelessly lying naked beside her. She reached for the scar on Chaeyoung's head which she felt during their moment of intimacy that night. She could feel the absence of hair on that particular part of Chaeyoung's head. She looked at the woman with pure concern before sliding down to her chest where another scar was. "What happened?"

Chaeyoung held Mina's  hand which was holding her scar. "I got into a mess on the day of your premier night. I had a traumatic brain injury which caused me to be in a comatose stage for more than a month. I had a temporary memory loss. They had to bring me to Germany to treat me. I woke up three months ago thanks to the people who helped me. But my memory was a mess. I'm sorry that I didn't make it to the premier night. And I'm sorry that I only showed up yesterday." She explained briefly, leaving some details out because the incident was still confidential and she herself did not know what transpired after she lost consciousness. Nobody told her any more details about the incident.

"Thank God you are still alive, Chaeyoung." Mina  said in shocked. "Are you certain that you are truly healed? Do you not have any post-traumatic therapy that you need to undergo? Is there anything that I should learn in order to take care of you properly? Are you certain you are not overexerting yourself? Oh God, you should have informed me last night. We might have strained your body." She asked in genuine concern, examining Chaeyoung for any sign of pain or discomfort.

"Mina, sssshhh." Chaeyoung held the woman's neck. "Baby, I'm fine now. Last night was the best night of my life. I don't mind even if I overdid myself. I won't do it any other way. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you so much, Mina . I really do." She said, looking into concern dark brown orbs.

"But you should tell me next time, Chaeyoung. Please inform me if you are not feeling well or if I am hurting you." Mina pleaded as she snuggled closer to her wife. She buried her face on Chaeyoung's chest.

"I think I should be the one to make you promise to tell me when I am hurting you, Mina." Chaeyoung said upon seeing the blood stains on Mina's side of the bed. "Are you in any pain now?"

"Just a little bit sore but I will be fine, Chaeyoung." Mina looked up at Chaeyoung.

"Sorry about that. I'll get some pain relievers for you." Chaeyoung scratched her chin before starting to get up but Mina  was not letting her go yet.

"Eh? why are you apologizing, Chaeyoung? I had a magical experience and a little pain will not change how I feel about your treatment last night. If anything, I should be thanking you for your hard work." Mina  winked at Chaeyoung who sported a blush on her face. "Who is being shy now?"

"What a tease." Chaeyoung said before pulling her wife into a passionate kiss.

_____

New York