Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

TOKYO, JAPAN

4 DAYS LATER

Sana was walking painstakingly slow in front of Jihyo as they traversed the long hallway leading to the meeting room. The director decided to call for another storyline debriefing before taking over the project. She had a few things in mind that will determine the project's fate.

"Sana, we'll gonna be late. Hurry up." Jihyo urged as she grabbed Sana's  elbow and started dragging her.

"Chill, Jihyo. No one's gonna be late." She replied nonchalantly as she adjusted her Gucci shades which fell a little off when Jihyo suddenly grabbed her.

"We are if you're not going to stop acting like you are having a lovely night stroll in Paris." Jihyo said firmly to her companion who did not even budge a little. "The room is still at the end of this corridor and with your pace, we'll definitely be late. This is Japan, Sana. Punctuality is a big deal and it's not professional to be late to meetings." She continued lecturing her.

"I don't think everyone shares that opinion, Jihyo." She replied with a smirk as she gestured her head towards the end of the hallway where a group of people can be seen coming from the opposite. "Plus, I hate warming my ass for too long." She said without bothering to quicken her pace.

"Momo, calm down. She is here now." Dahyun tried pacifying the obviously enraged manager.

"Mina, don't force me to put you under twenty-four seven freelance." Momo hissed, trying to lower down her voice as they were already approaching the conference room.

Mina just looked at her uninterestedly while the four bodyguards surrounding her can be seen raising their eyebrows in confusion.

"It's surveillance" Dahyun corrected.

"That's what I said!" Momo fumed, before turning her attention to the superstar with a threatening look.

"Am I not already under strict surveillance, Momo?" Mina asked rhetorically. Her dark brown orbs were glaring behind the dark glasses she was wearing.

"That's because your safety has been computerized, Myōi! If I have to put dogs on your trail to ensure your safety, I would." Momo said sternly, looking into dark brown orbs.

"I am very much capable of taking care of my well being. You do not need to burden yourself any more than you already do." Mina replied with exasperation lacing her voice. She was tired of repeating herself for the nth time.

"It's compromised, Momoring" Dahyun said softly before looking at Mina. "Let's get inside now, Minari. I had them prepare some warm tea and painkillers for you. Let's get you settled before the director arrives."

Truth be told, she was still having a massive hung-over due to almost every night partying. Her head was pounding like crazy and she also did not like the way how she was rudely awaken that morning. A loud noise was the last thing that she wanted to wake up to. Not to mention that the owner of that loud voice seemed to have no intention of stopping soon. The four bodyguards surrounding her were starting to suffocate her and she was already irritated by their existence. Unfortunately, everyone agreed to the idea of having four men always looming around her for twenty four hours a day and seven days a week. She was never left alone almost literally. Wherever she went, those men also came along. Her only solace was her penthouse where those men were only allowed outside. Only then can she be left to her thoughts and musings which always involved a certain woman with a pair of beautifull light brown orbs.

She had not seen the woman so far which left her with a lot of conflicting emotions. It was true that she felt betrayed and fooled when the woman did not tell her about her marriage. But part of her still missed looking at the angelic face that gave her reasons to accept her loss and continue with life. She might not admit it to anyone but she was glad that a meeting was called despite not knowing what it was really for. At least, she will have the chance to see the young director again. The woman seemed to be also good at avoiding her in the past few days.