Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

True to what the receptionist had informed her, the blonde haired young director found herself walking on a wide red carpeted hallway with a single door on each side of the wall proving the existence of only two units in that building floor. An array of small round luminous white spotlights was installed on the ceiling, lighting the hallway.

She casted her orbs to her left where a steel star-shaped gold metal was installed on the wall next to the unit's entrance. She read what was embossed therein in silver writing with her mind. "Mina Myōi." She rolled her eyes upon seeing the name. "Great. Just fuckin' great. That woman will be my freakin' neighbor. Not to mention ONLY neighbor. I guess it's time to say goodbye to the idea of having a good friendly neighbor." Chaeyoung thought dejectedly.

She halted near the entrance of her assigned unit where a steel square-shaped silver metal was installed beside it. She glanced at the embossed encryption therein and saw her name. "Director ." She glared at the innocent and immovable accessory like it had offended her in an unimaginable way, willing it to melt with her deathly glares. "Way to shout to the world who's inside. Hello security measurement? Never heard of living in incognito? Not everyone is as vain as that woman." The blonde haired young director grumbled in her thoughts.

If there's one thing that she learned in her still short years of being a director, it was to never let anybody know her living quarter. She hated being pestered by those persistent and annoying talents and managers alike who didn't know how to take no for an answer whenever she rejected their request to direct their movie without even batting an eye.

"Ahem! Ahem!" The valet, whose existence was ignored by the blonde haired young director, feigned coughing upon witnessing the blonde haired young director's not so appreciative reaction to the accessory. As much as he wanted to keep ogling the beautiful blonde haired young director before him, he needed to do his job, finished his shift for the night and be on his merry way home. He wasn't disappointed when Chaeyoung looked at his way but unfortunately for him her death glare was still on, making him gulp nervously.

"Ahm. Madam, you just have to swipe your purple access key card here." The valet gestured to a white swiping machine. "After that you can place either your hands or eyes for biometric scanning here." The valet continued, gesturing to a rectangular screen to the side of the swiping machine. "Or speak for voice scanning here." The valet gestured to another small box that looked like an intercom."You can choose among fingerprints, retinal, or voice scanning for identification purposes. You have the option to use either the purple access key card or the biometrics to access your unit." The valet continued before adding a comment. "Majority of the residents here forgets their access key card or worse loses it, keeping the help center unnecessarily busy. So, the management decided to do a two-way authorization access instead." The valet finished shaking his head lightly, remembering the unfortunate event when he had to skip lunch in order to attend to the residents who were locked out of their units.

"I see. Thank you. You may go now." Chaeyoung said dismissing the valet.

"You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay with us, Madam!" The valet bowed before turning on his heels and going back to the direction of the elevator.

Chaeyoung did as instructed. After a few minutes of fumbling with the security system, changing some of its settings and entering the required fields. She finally decided to test her little handiwork. She stood in front of the blinking red light that identifies the presence of a human through the body temperature sensor.

"IDENTIFICATION" A monotone static voice came out of the intercom.

" ." The  director spoke in her husky voice. She decided to go for the voice identification.