Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

FRANCE

After long hours of flight from New York to Paris, the young director finally alighted the private jet plane, courtesy of the person who requested her present. A black trench coat that hugged her lithe figure just fine was being blown away by the wind, exposing her torso. Her inside dress was composed of a gray loose shirt paired with a tight black jeans and matched with a pair of high-heeled boots. Adding more to her height. The wind was doing the same to her blonde mane thus, anyone who would see her right now will not wonder why France's well-respected editor-in-chief would trouble herself with ensuring such luxurious accommodation for a lone individual just for a few days pictorial.

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle. Welcome to Paris." A man clad in black suit approached her as soon as her feet touched the ground. "I will escort you to your hotel." He continued, gesturing his hand to the three vehicles that were waiting a few feet away from the jet plane.

"Does she really have to be this extravagant? I could use a cab, you know." She replied in French to her escort.

"Madam M's order, Mademoiselle." The man explained upon sensing the young director's initial hesitation. "She wanted to ensure your safety and privacy. You're quite famous with the press here. Madam M doesn't wish you to get involved in any fabricated issue."

"I'm sure she'll take of it if I ever get myself into one." She said playfully before starting to walk towards her ride's direction.

"It is my duty to prevent that from happening, Mademoiselle." The man replied, opening the vehicle's door for her to enter.

__

After a few minutes of ride, she found herself in one of Paris' luxurious seven-star hotels. Not anymore surprised with her accommodation, she decided to just follow her escort. Fortunately for her, only the first black suited man who approached her was ordered to keep her safety and security thus, she did not have to be bothered being surrounded by numerous bodyguards which she found to be really unnecessary. They were walking on the long majestic hallway when the man halted in front of a unit.

"This will be your unit, Mademoiselle." The man handed her the key card. "I will be back to escort you to the venue tomorrow." He continued before retrieving a small piece of paper and a phone from his coat pocket. "Madam M instructed me to give these to you." He said, handing over the items to the young director who retrieved them. "Should you need anything, you can use the phone to contact me. I will take my leave now, Mademoiselle." He announced after giving a curt nod.

"Merci." She replied to her escort who left after uttering a you're welcome in French and offering her a smile.

Opening the note, she read what were written on it. The calligraphy was perfect. What else to expect from someone whose life revolved around art and design?

"Bonjour, young lady! I am well aware of how much you regard your privacy. The phone is safe from wire tapping and your escort will be with you only when I deemed necessary. Have a lovely night and I will see you tomorrow."

The note was signed with a letter "M" written in an elegant manner. She folded the paper and was about to enter her unit when she heard a very familiar voice calling her with urgency.

"SC!" A man gasping for breath halted before her.

"What the hell, Masahi? What are you doing here? Don't tell me you're still stalk…"She started but was interrupted when she was shoved inside her unit in a manner she least like.

"I'm not here to stalk you, okay." He said and continued in panic. "Get dressed. We have a race to win." He continued but the young director just stared at him like he had lost his mind. "Look, I know you just came in and it's already past eleven in the evening and that I sound crazy but I will explain everything to you on the way." He explained with urgency and only paused when he started getting out of breath. "For now, get dressed and make sure no one will recognize you. Madam M's bodyguards are still around and they can't know that I lost…" he halted, realizing he was being too loud.