Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

"Welcome back to the 'Tonight Show Starring Amber Liu', folks! We are now on 'I Dare You' segment. Yes, folks. Your eyes are not deceiving you. You are still watching my show and they are still my guests but no longer in their dazzling gowns. As you can see, our dare for tonight will be involving some musical instruments. I can sense a little concert vibe in the air." The late night show host said with excitement in her voice.

She was on a small elevated platform. It was like a concert stage with all the dancing spotlights on. Behind her was an ensemble of band musical instruments which consisted of electric guitars, drum sets, keyboards, two grand pianos, violin, and etcetera. Settled on the two bar stools down the platform to her left, were her guests who were no longer clad in their previous attires.

Mina was wearing a red v-neck shirt with the print #TSSAL on paired with a pair black fitting skinny jeans. A black leather jacket was put over her red v-neck shirt while a pair of high-heeled shoes was strapped on her feet. Her tawny mane was freed from its bun and was left flowing down her shoulder in good volume.

Chaeyoung was wearing a blue v-neck shirt with the same print of #TSSAL on it. It was topped with a black leather jacket and paired with a pair of black fitting ripped skinny jeans. A pair of boots was on her feet. Her blonde mane was in the same hairdo as before but her diamond earrings were discarded. Her silver wristwatch was strapped on her left wrist.

"I will explain the mechanics of our 'I Dare You'segment today. Our computer will be selecting who will go first. Then, after that a song will be randomly selected and our guest will be given the discretion to choose any of the instruments behind me. She will be singing the song to the other guest. If she will fail to do it, the other guest can choose what consequence she wishes the losing guest to do. It could be anything under the sun." The late night host explained, looking at the camera before turning her attention to her guests. "Are you ready, young ladies?" she asked which the two answered with a nod. "Alright, computer. Select our first performer for tonight."

The platform floor cracked open and a small black box came into view. A hologram of scrambled letters was flashed in front before a monotone static voice was heard. "Selecting first performer…First performer selected…Director SC." The static voice announced.

"Okay, it's Director SC, folks!" The late night show host beamed, looking at the young director to her left. "Now, computer, select the song!"

"Selecting song…Song selected… One less lonely by Justin Bieber. Good luck, Director SC." The static voice announced before the hologram faded. The platform floor creaked open again and the black box was returned to its confinement.

"There you have it folks, the performer and song have been selected." The late night show announced before turning her attention to her guests down the platform. "Please join me on stage, ladies."

The two guests went to the late night show host's both side with the superstar to her right and the young director to her left. "Director Son, you may proceed to get your instrument there." She looked at the young director who nodded at her before going to the arrays of musical instruments. "Mina-sama, you'll be sitting there." She gestured to the bar stool which was now placed on the center stage. "And I'll be staying down." She finished after escorting the superstar to the seat.

"Ohh thank you Amber-san." Mina smiled to the late night show host who just nodded her head and went on her way down the platform.

"Folks, let's welcome Director Son with her guitar to sing One less lonely girl by Justin Bieber to Mina-sama. Good luck, Director!" Amber announced before settling on one of the bar stools which was previously occupied by her guests who were now on stage.