Chapter 10

Now guys I'll let you have some glimpse of Somi in this chapter. Enjoy 😊😊

___

CHAPTER 10

NEW YORK CITY

"It feels good to be back." The  young director smiled at the sight in front of her. Clad only in her plain light blue v-neck shirt and denim jeans matched with a pair of blue Chuck Taylor's, she started approaching her apartment's widely opened doorstep. She was still a few steps away from entering her apartment when a huge white Siberian husky leapt at her and started licking her face.

"Hey, boy." She said as she tried distancing her face from the dog that started its attack on her face. "Missed me?" She held the animal's head in her hands as she played with its fur therein. She wasn't disappointed when she heard the familiar bark that meant an agreement. "Well, I missed you, too." She ruffled the animal's head. "Come, let's get inside." She urged the animal that followed her with wagging tail.

"Good morning, Chaeyoung" An old woman whose hair was grayed with old age greeted her. The woman was standing behind kitchen islands with her hands busy fumbling with something.

"Good morning, too, Mrs. Madison." She greeted back the woman with a smile. She looked at the old woman's state of dress and her smile widened. "New apron?" She asked as she started approaching her small living room.

Her apartment's living room was composed of white sofas surrounding a small oak coffee table. On the far end of the wall was a 52' inch plasma television which was flashing early morning news.

"Yes, young lady. Your mother sent it." The old woman replied with a smile as she looked down at her kitchen wear. "How do I look?" She asked smiling at the young director who was now seated on the sofa while playing with her dog.

The old woman had been with her for more than six years since she left the comfort of her home. The former was one of the Son's housemaids and also her mother's attendant when the latter was still at a very young and delicate age. The old woman went with her without asking a single question when she decided to left her home.

"You look great as usual, Mrs. Madison." She smiled at her aid.

"You're a flatterer as usual, young lady." The old woman said before turning her attention back to what she was doing. As if remembering something, she spoke again. "Does your mother know that you are back?"

"No." She answered shortly, her hands paused playing with her dog's fur which earned her a curious look from the animal. "I need to go back to Japan in a week's time." she said looking at the face of a blonde woman flashed on the plasma television opposite her.

Flashed on the screen was a morning news.

"Good morning, America." The morning show anchor who was seated behind a white arc-shaped counter smiled at the camera. He was clad in a black suit with a slim tie on. "For our health and wellness tips today, we are lucky to be granted with the presence of our special guest." He said, glancing at his iPad in front of him. "Today's topic is about taking care of your heart. One of America's alarming problems today is the increase in the number of people who are having problems with their heart." He continued but was interrupted by the interjection of her co-host.

"I guess you really need to listen to our guest today, Josh." A beautiful young woman clad in an elegant cream colored dress said while facing the camera.

"I am not talking about heart breaks, Olivia." The male morning show anchor said, dismissing his co-host.

"So, the rumors about Josh being dumped are true." The female host said in mock mild surprise. "I am sorry about that, Josh." She said, looking at her co-host with false sympathy.