Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

10:00PM

Chaeyoung was inside a studio room where her interview with a late night show host was about to begin. She was behind the cameras waiting for her cue to walk to the small set in the middle. Everyone behind them was scampering around, doing last minute checks. All the crews were clad in black with big rectangular portrait identification card hanging on their necks. Cameramen were already behind their lenses as they focused on the show.

"Hey, Jihyo. Can I beat him up on camera if he tries to do anything funny?" She asked without taking her light brown orbs from the black haired handsome host who was seated behind a silver arc-shaped table and smiling dazzlingly at the cameras' direction.

Installed on the set was a silver arc-shaped table. To its right was a cream plush sofa with the maximum capacity of three guests. Behind these was a view of the city lights which was obviously a painting. Sitting behind the silver arc-shaped counter was the show host who was clad in silver tuxedo with black polo underneath matched with a slim silver tie that was clipped neatly in place.

"It's a she, Chaeyoung and no. I don't want you to trend on social media sites for being barbaric." Jihyo looked at the young director who snapped her head to her.

"What are you saying, Jihyo?" She furrowed her brows in confusion.

"She's androgynous, Chaeyoung. She's a female but can dress up like a male and looks like one." Jihyo looked at the host with her eyes squinting in an attempt to examine the host like an x-ray machine.

"How did you even know that? Did you stalk her?" She looked at the show host in front of her, eyes blinking before turning her attention to her manager beside her.

"I don't have to, Chaeyoung. This is the first time that I see her. At a distance, she might look like a man but take a closer look and you'll know what I mean." Jihyo squinted her eyes further like she was zooming in the image.

"I am seeing a perfect model for some stupid toothpaste advertisements, Jihyo" She squinted her eyes in an effort to see what her manager was trying to show her but failed miserably so, she just ended up saying what was visible to her.

"Looks can be deceiving . We should never rely on what our eyes are showing us. Our perceptions can always be distorted with our pre-notions." Jihyo spoke without taking her eyes off the host who was holding a paper on her hands. "You believe her to be a man because that's what she wants you to see. Her choice of clothing helps her in achieving that." She paused as she glanced at the young director who was looking at her with confusion apparent on her face. To provide some enlightenment and to prove her points, she resumed. "Look at her hands, they're too fine and slim to belong to a man." She said before casting her gaze up the host body. "Her black polo is hiding her chest well. There's still a slight bulge on her chest area, though." Her slim eyebrow furrowed as she pursed her lips. "Her shoulders aren't too broad. I think it's the foam behind her tuxedo that is making it appear like she had a broad shoulder." Her gaze went to the host's face and she frowned before murmuring. "Her smile doesn't reach her eyes."

"Oi, Sherlock Holmes, where's Jihyo? What did you do to her?" Chaeyoung held her manager's shoulders and shook her lightly. She noticed her manager's face got somber and that was the last thing that she wanted for the night.

"I'm just trying to tell you my observations, Chaeyoung" Jihyo looked at light brown orbs.

"Sometimes the brave ones are not always those who wear their emotions on their sleeves, Jihyo. Wearing masks is harder. Smiling when you are breaking and laughing when your heart is crying." She smiled at her manager. "I think it's starting, Jihyo." She informed when she heard the show director giving the cue.