Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

JAPAN: DAY 32, 9:09PM

After dropping Sana to her humble home, as the woman preferred to call it despite it being anything but humble, Chaeyoung decided to just call it a day. She was exhausted from her sky diving activity plus she was yet to figure out what her next step will be given that she was no longer needed there. Obviously, she needed to get back to New York but when? She did not know and she sure as hell needed to talk to a certain woman that was the reason for her hesitation to go home.

The door to her unit opened and she immediately noticed pieces of papers scattered on the floor. Frowning, she examined them closely and she stiffened. Laid on the floor were not just some ordinary papers but they were pictures of her and different women in some compromising position. Most of them were not new to her. The angles looked like those taken by paparazzi. She had seen these pictures before.

"What the hell?" She muttered as she continued her stride inside the room, her orbs were focused on the pictures below. Some showed her kissing different women who were obviously not sober. Well, not just the women but also herself. Mostly they were on bars, drinks on hands and disco lights behind. Some were just random pictures of her walking hand-in-hand with a woman. Picture of her and Giab were also there. They were lined up in patterns leading to her living area. It would have been romantic if they were rose petals. She also noticed some newspaper print-outs containing news of her romantic rendezvous. What caught her attention the most and made her clenched her fists were the next sets of photos. They were of her and Somi during their earlier years of dating. Obviously more pictures of her kissing the woman were on the floor and in perfect timeline until their last year together.

Her head snapped when she heard Somi's voice reciting a marriage vow. There playing on her huge flat screen television was her civil wedding which was officiated by a judge. Somi was wearing a simple white dress while she wore a tailored female version of a black tuxedo. The video was focused on them hence, guests were not seen. Her entire body snapped when she noticed something moved on the sofa and that was when she finally saw Mina  who was looking at her with an unreadable expression, a document was on her hand.

"I believe a well-wish is necessarily at this moment no matter how late it is, right Director Son?" Mina said in a voice devoid of any emotion. She looked too calmed for Mina's  liking.

"M-mina, I-I can explain." Chaeyoung said as she tried approaching the woman.

"I do not see the necessity, Director." Mina replied coldly as she took a step back, avoiding contact from the young director.

"Mina, it's not what you think it is. Please let me explain." Chaeyoung pleaded as she attempted to close the distance between them.

"Are the things written on this document true?" Mina  asked with cold dark brown orbs as she lowered the marriage contract on the coffee table.

"Yes." Chaeyoung whispered, almost ashamed, after glancing at the marriage contract. She did not need to look at them closely for she knew their content by heart but instead she focused all her attention to the woman in front of her.

"I see." Mina  said with a small nod as she wrapped her left arm around her torso and taking a breath to calm herself. "I should leave Director Son to her rest then." She continued calmly before starting to move towards the exit.

Chaeyoung grabbed her before she can even make a move. "Mina, please don't do this. Let me explain." She pleaded once again but the woman just wiggled out of her hold. Not a word was said.

"Mina, please talk to me." Chaeyoung tried again but all she got was a blank stare. And that scared her because the woman was obviously suppressing all her emotions. "Mina, please." She held the woman's hands in hers. "Yell at me. Call me names. Slap me. Punch me. Get mad at me. But please say something. Not like this."