Chapter 48

Neither Chen Linjing nor Song Haiping were familiar with Rong Heng. It also wasn’t good for Song Yuan to take cover by her parent’s side, since this matter was related to her. She took the initiative to ask, “Mr. Xie, what can I do for you at this hour?”

Rong Heng made a noise of affirmation. His expression was vacant, and his speech wasn’t as put-together as usual. “Miss Song, when we were at the institution, I downloaded the APP, and later I remembered the account number and password they gave you. I figured the results would come out today, so I logged in to take a look. How can it say that your son and I have a father-son relationship? I didn’t get it, so I came to ask you.”

So he did find out.

At this moment, Song Yuan mustered up the courage to look at him. For some reason, she couldn’t remember anything related to this person.

It was different from when she faced Rong Ting. At the time, she didn’t know that he was her son, but in her heart, she had liked him and wanted to be close to him. If this person really was her husband from ancient times, then why didn’t she feel anything at all?

Song Yuan didn’t know what to tell him. Say what–are you really my son’s father?

Wouldn’t this be killing the conversation? Even she didn’t accept it.

While she fell silent, Song Haiping cleared his throat and asked, “Aren’t you from the Xie family?”

Rong Heng hung his head. His tone was confused as he replied, “I don’t know. When I woke up on the hospital bed, they said that I was Xie Heng. I don’t remember anything.”

Song Haiping and Chen Linjing exchanged looks. They seemed to be pondering the authenticity of his words.

Song Haiping was more inclined to say they were true. He knew how gravely injured the Xie family’s crown prince had been at that time. Everyone back then had said that this Crown Prince was definitely dead, but it was unfortunate that he died without an intact body. Then, there was news that he had been found. He had sighed in admiration to his friends that this Crown Prince was truly blessed1.

“If you really are Rong Ting’s dad, then you should be someone from ancient times. Did the Xie family not investigate? Did they just hastily assume you’re part of their family?” The more Song Haiping thought about it, the more he felt it wasn’t right. Elite families weren’t so hasty.

Truthfully, upon thinking about the Xie family’s wealth and might, he had felt his heart stir. It was the so-called “no wealth without taking risks2;” if his grandson was truly Crown Prince Xie’s son, regardless of whether this crown prince was real or fake, he could first reel in some money. Fortunately, he quickly snapped out of it and felt extremely remorseful. How could he have had such a thought? No, it was too wrong.

It truly was absurd.

Don’t even mention Song Yuan–Song Haiping and Chen Linjing felt that there was something off about this matter, to the point that it felt unreal and magical.

How was it possible?

As Song Haiping said, if he was Rong Ting’s father, and he was someone from the ancient times who transmigrated here, how could he pass the identity check?

Of course, this wasn’t the key point right now. Song Haiping returned to his senses and looked at Rong Heng. “Since you can’t remember anything, then just treat it as nothing. After all, if your relation was known by the Xie family, you’d also be troubled.”