Chapter 67

Rong Heng very rarely called Song Yuan. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to; he wanted to see her every day, and he wanted to call her every day, but he couldn’t. He didn’t dare to take one wrong step, so he could only take it slowly like he was now. After counting down the days to New Years Eve, he finally found an excuse to dial her phone.

In the early morning of New Year’s Eve, Song Yuan was quite busy with dressing up not only herself, but Rong Ting as well.

Two people stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling mirror, looking like one large and one small red envelope1.

Song Yuan was wearing a red down jacket, and Rong Ting was dressed in the same style. It was extra festive, completely in line with the theme of New Year.

“Hello.” Song Yuan was watching Rong Ting write couplets when she answered the phone.

“It’s me.”

“En, I know, there’s caller ID.”

Rong Heng was silent for a moment, then said, “Happy New Year.”

“En, happy New Year to you, too.” Song Yuan wasn’t the kind of person to let the atmosphere get awkward. “Gugu is writing the couplets. We’ll put it up later.”

The cheerfulness in her tone made him involuntarily lift the corners of his mouth. “I’ve seen his calligraphy. His writing is indeed excellent.”

“He’s always saying that you have no equal in painting and calligraphy.” Song Yuan gave a light sigh, then said, “That’s right, I’m going to go see a psychologist to see if I can cure my amnesia. I asked the doctor. Since your amnesia was likely caused by damage to the brain, you could also go for treatment.”

Rong Heng’s expression froze, as though he hadn’t expected her to mention it. His gaze was profound, but his voice was as gentle as ever. “En, I’m receiving treatment, but the results aren’t very good. The doctor said to take it slow. I’m also taking medicine.”

“How did I not hear about this…” Song Yuan was somewhat surprised. “It looks like you were really hurt that time. My dad said that you were apparently resuscitated several times. Honestly, you don’t need to force yourself to remember.”

“Then why do you want to get treated? Do you want to remember?” Rong Heng asked her.

“I feel like I should. After all, I must have stayed in the ancient times for a long time. I can’t be muddleheaded or ignorant and act like that period of time didn’t exist ba.”

“I think so too. I always feel like I’ve forgotten some important people and things. After a while, I’m planning on going abroad. I’ve heard that there are some excellent doctors outside the country. There’s something I want to ask you.”

“What is it?”

Rong Heng’s expression was strained. “If, later, we recover our memories, and you find out that I was a terrible person, or that I hurt you, would you stop me from seeing… Rong Ting?”

It was a bit of a tricky question ah.

Song Yuan glanced at Rong Ting earnestly grinding ink, pondered for a moment, and gave an honest response. “I wouldn’t.”

“Really?”

“No matter what, you are his dad ah. If he wants to see you and you want to see him, I won’t stop it. With divorced couples nowadays, there’s no one who would stop the other party from seeing their children ba. The law would hold them accountable.”

Divorced…

Rong Heng suddenly understood her meaning.

She just treated them as an ex-husband and ex-wife who have already divorced.