Chapter 3 - This Prince Knows You Have A Guilty Conscience (3)

Xie Ya walked in a circle around Song Yuan and tsk’d, “I just felt that you have become more feminine. Like a flower than had been nourished by someone.”

Why did this analogy sounded so… suggestive?

Song Yuan was quiet for a little bit before she said, “Perhaps because I had a shot of intradermal injection recently?”

There was a period of time when Song Yuan woke up looking very gloomy, her skin missing that luster that it used to have, and even the spark that was in her eyes were gone. Song Yuan, who cared a lot about her appearance, was shocked that she looked like she had aged a few years. She quickly looked for recommendation for aesthetic doctors and procedures and finally recovered gradually after a little over a month.

“Is that so?” Xie Ya studied her for a while longer. Song Yuan was actually quite a pretty girl who inherited the best features from both of her parents. Her skin was pale, and her features elegant and bright. She had always been the school flower and attracted a lot of attention wherever she went. If it wasn’t the objection from both of her parents, she just might have joined the entertainment circle so more in the world could be blessed with the sight of her good looks.

Xie Ya shook her head and said, “I don’t think it’s caused by intradermal injection. You just looked different; much more feminine. If you are seeing someone, you must let me know. I will have to vet him for you. There are just too many scums out there nowadays.”

Song Yuan chuckled involuntarily, “I am just going to pretend that you said my bosom had gotten bigger. Don’t worry, I am already equipped with perceptive eyes. All scums will appear in their true form in my eyes.”

After she had dropped Xie Ya off at her place, Song Yuan returned to her own apartment building only to notice that the lights in the elevator was blinking on and off. This had greatly reminded her of something spooky. So the minute the elevator door opened, she dashed out… only to come to an abrupt stop –

A young boy wearing historic costume was standing in front of her apartment, looking at her solemnly.

Song Yuan was scared shitless and almost peed her pants. She took a few steps back, and her heart was ready to jump out of her throat.

The scene in front of her was just too eerie. The flickering of the lights in the elevator had already brought up a lot of undesirable images in her head. And she saw this little boy in historic costume as soon as she stepped out of the elevator. Not to mention that the little boy’s face was pale and the voice-activated lights above his head continued to flicker on and off.

Rong Ting frowned as he looked up and down Song Yuan.

He was having a hard time associating the woman in front of him with the drawings that his imperial father hid away in his private room.

Everybody said that his imperial father’s drawing skills were unrivaled in the world. They must just be fawning over him, as those drawings looked nothing like her.

Song Yuan’s mouth was dried, and her pupils were dilating.

“You…” She was so courageous! Not only did she not lose consciousness, but she was still able to speak.

Of course, that one word was already the limit of her courage.

Rong Ting took a step forward.

Song Yuan took a step backward.

“This prince knows you have a guilty conscience.” After all, she had left her husband and abandoned her son.

Song Yuan was stupefied, having no idea what he was talking about.

“This prince does not wish to listen to your excuses.”

Song Yuan: “?????”

After this exchange, the moonlight shone through the window, and Song Yuan was able to see the little boy’s shadow cast on the floor. She let out a sigh of relief and recovered some of her courage. She thought about it for a little bit and tried her hardest to look as genuine and friendly as she could and said, “Hi, little kid. Do you have the wrong person? Do you live around here?”

Author’s rambling:

I really, really love this particular novel but there will be a lot of bugs and issues with the logic.

Little tadpole prince was 5 years old, but those from the ancient time seemed to be more mature. Plus, he was raised to be the next emperor so the way he thought and acted would be more mature than others of the same age. And, of course, he was also a very prideful boy. 

The female lead had transmigrated into the past in her physical body and then back. The actual time past in modern day was one week, and she has suffered memory loss.