Chapter 6 - Everyone in the world knows of my relationship with my imperial moth

Chapter 6 - Everyone in the world knows of my relationship with my imperial mother (3)

The old cop had been studying the two of them when Song Yuan was still dumbfounded. He noticed that this incident might not be as simple as it looked. There had been parents who had abandoned their children at the police stations in the past. He pulled Rong Ting over and said with the most solemn look, “Little body, tell grandpa the truth. Who is she to you?”

Rong Ting tried very hard to not declare that the old cop guilty was being disrespectful. He hrmped and said, “Everyone in the world knows of my relationship with my imperial mother.”

Imp… imperial mother?

Never mind the old cop, even Song Yuan, who had started getting a little used to the way he talked, was shocked, “Hey kid, you can just make up stuff like that! I am just 22 years old this year and didn’t even have a boyfriend!”

All she did was take a lost child to the police station. Was this the newest trick deployed by the scam artists this year or something?

But this setup was kind of lame, no? She was only 22 years old this year and just graduated college, and this child was at least 4 or 5 years old. There was no way he could be her child. And what was he thinking making up lies like that in the police station?

The cop was quite suspicious as well. He stroked himself on his chin. It was true, he looked at the girl’s ID and she just turned 22. This kid looked to be about 5 years old. If they were truly mother and son…

Song Yuan wanted to swear to him that she has no boyfriend, never wedded and never gave birth to a child.

The cop had been in this field for dozens of years. He could more or less tell whether someone was telling the truth just from their looks.

Problem was, the child didn’t look like he was lying, and neither did the girl.

“Miss, can you try to think and see if he’s a relative of yours?” The old cop thought about it for a little bit and said in a deep voice, “He does look somewhat like you.”

Song Yuan was stunned. “How is that possible?”

All Rong Ting saw was how much his imperial mother wanted to deny their relationship. His eyes started to lose their brightness, his thin lips shut tightly, and he said nothing else.

Finally, the police officer pulled up her record. Sure enough, Song Yuan was single, and there was no record of her giving birth. Song Yuan was starting to get frightened of the boy. The police station couldn’t insist that Song Yuan was her mother just because he said so. After all, the child refused to share anything else, not his own name, not even his parents name. As much as the old cop thought that Song Yuan and Rong Ting looked alike, he still couldn’t force Song Yuan to stay or have her take him home with her.

Song Yuan picked up her purse and wanted to leave. What happened today was too ridiculous!

She was more worried that she was targeted by someone.

She hadn’t expected that when she was about to walk out of the room, Rong Ting suddenly jumped up from the chair. Staring at Song Yuan with the unjust feeling of being abandoned and choking back his tears, he enunciated one word at a time, “If you abandon this Prince one more time, I will never ever see you again, nor will I forgive you.”

Song Yuan was shaken when she heard that.

She shouldn’t be startled by words from a child that she has never met before. And yet, for some reason, when she heard the words coming out of the child, she felt as though someone had got a hold of her heart. She couldn’t breath, and she was experiencing a painful sensation.

Half an hour later, Song Yuan left behind her a copy of her ID, her home address and contact information and left with Rong Ting under the old cop’s deep and meaningful gaze.

Song Yuan did not say a word.

Rong Ting followed behind her. He looked up at her back and thought to himself; imperial mother must love me. Otherwise she wouldn’t have taken me with her, but she had forgotten about me, so I should still be mad at her.