Chapter 64

Early the next morning, Song Haiping drove to pick up Song Yuan and Rong Ting from the high-speed rail station.

They had originally planned on taking the highway home, but after considering that Rong Ting was still young and that taking the high-speed rail would be more comfortable, they changed their minds last-minute.

Rong Heng had also come, holding a paper bag in his hand. He handed it to Rong Ting, saying warmly, “They’re all your favorite snacks, as well as some fruits, so you can eat in the car.”

Rong Ting was somewhat awkward, but he still accepted it. His tone not as earnest as before, he said flatly, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Song Yuan, guessing that Rong Heng had something he wanted to say to Rong Ting, pulled Song Haiping into the car first, giving this father-son pair some time to get along.

Rong Heng caught his son’s expression and felt helpless in his heart, but he still said, “Did you see me at the resort that day? You misunderstood me, things aren’t what you think. I’ve already explained it clearly to your Empress Mother.”

In Rong Ting’s heart, this was his father, as well as the monarch; he couldn’t throw a temper in front of Emperor Father. Even if Emperor Father didn’t remember anything, he knew that a monarch father was a ruler first, a father next.

He just lowered his head and straightened his body. His expression was cool as he said, “I understand, Empress Mother has already spoken with me. I also promised Empress Mother not to interfere in your matters.”

Rong Heng revealed a look of surprise, then quickly covered it up. “Mn, it’s best if you understand. While you’re there, you must listen to your Empress Mother’s words.”

En.” Rong Ting hesitated for a moment before asking, “Emperor Father, do you truly remember nothing?”

Rong Heng made a noise of affirmation. “Why?”

“Nothing. Emperor Father, I will be leaving first.” Rong Ting no longer saluted him. He raised his hand in a wave before scampering over to Song Haiping’s car, opening the door, and climbing in.

Rong Heng thoughtfully watched the car drive away.

Song Haiping sat in the driver’s seat, while Song Yuan sat in the back with Rong Ting. Song Haiping was still complaining as the car rolled out of the community. “That surnamed Xie’s still not leaving? Didn’t he say he was going abroad?”

Song Yuan was helpless. “People are still celebrating the new year ah! And it’s in two months, a blink of an eye.”

A few days had passed since New Years, and Ji Junpei had been working overtime until late every day. He took the initiative to offer to work overtime in an attempt to numb himself with work.

Reason told him not to be that kind of pest. Since Song Yuan didn’t like him anymore, anything he did would be futile and only give her more trouble. It was just that his emotions weren’t so resolute. After all, she was the girl he had liked for several years. How could he stop liking her just because she said so?

On this day, he had once again worked overtime until late at night. When he returned to his rented apartment, he turned on the computer out of habit to see if there were any new emails.