Chapter 45

Song Yuan returned to this scene: Rong Heng speaking to Rong Ting, the atmosphere not too bad.

“Okay, I’ve paid.” Song Yuan felt that tonight had been too chaotic. She pretended to glance at her watch and said, “Mr. Xie, it’s late. The child needs to sleep early. I’m sorry, but we’ll be heading back first.”

“I’ll have the driver send you back. It’s cold at night; be careful of catching a cold.”

Where did Song Yuan have the audacity to ride in his car? She was itching to have nothing to do with him anymore.

Yes–from the bottom of her heart, she didn’t believe that he was the Emperor Father that Rong Ting spoke of. There was no logic–if the emperor really transmigrated, he would be unregistered1; how could he be the Xie family’s crown prince? Who’d believe it?

“No,” Song Yuan quickly declined. “We like to take walks, and our home is nearby. We’ll buy fruit along the way.”

“Okay.” Rong Heng thought, then motioned for Song Yuan to follow him.

Upon seeing this gesture, Rong Ting headed, with startling alacrity, to the waiting room to eat popcorn.

When she asked him to get something, she’d never seen him act so cleverly. This child!

Rong Heng chuckled, but he also praised, “You taught your child well. He’s so sensible and polite.”

Song Yuan waved her hand, not daring to take credit. “He grew up with his dad, not me.”

Speaking of His Majesty the emperor, she went silent again. Recalling what happened today, she was unspeakably embarrassed and apologized to Rong Heng. “I’m really sorry. Kids like to play pranks. Don’t take it to heart.”

“But I think your son really thinks that I’m his dad. Earlier, when I came back, I accidentally overheard your conversation about taking a paternity test.” Rong Heng paused. “I can go along with it.”

Song Yuan, dumbfounded, thought she had a problem with her ears. “It’s nonsense. No, no, there’s no need for that. It’s not appropriate.”

How was it appropriate?

Anyone could figure out that the Emperor Father who Rong Ting spoke of definitely wasn’t him. Why would he want to take a paternity test? Wasn’t it nonsense? Wasn’t he doing more than he needed to? It was too absurd.

But Rong Heng didn’t mind. “I just feel like you and your son are familiar. It must be fate. I just met your son, and even without conversing, I can tell that he’s a very stubborn child. I don’t know why he thinks that I’m his dad, but I still think I should satisfy the child’s curiosity. It’s just an appraisal; it’s very simple. When he sees the result, he won’t think that way again.”

Song Yuan felt that Rong Heng was just too good.

But she couldn’t agree to such a thing. “Mr. Xie, there’s really no need. Kids are always here and there. I’ll talk to him when we get home. In a few days, he’ll understand that it’s ridiculous to do a paternity test.“

Seeing her say this, Rong Heng also didn’t force it. “Alright, then. You know my number; if you need my help, you can call me anytime. You don’t need to be polite.”