Chapter 22

Song Yuan didn’t dare to entertain the idea that her mom would instantly accept it.

Her mom was different from her dad. It was 
l

ike this since she was a child: her dad would go wild with her. When she was in college, her dad learned to play games in order to get closer with her. He joined her in playing Honor of Kings1, joined her in playing PUBG2–whatever she wanted to do, as long as it wasn’t too deviant, her dad would support it with both hands.

Her dad had a saying: a dad can’t hit his daughter, nor could he hurt his daughter; otherwise, the daughter would be distant from the dad.

She had asked her father once: if she was a son, would he also be afraid that she wouldn’t like him?

Her dad said, he would be fine even if his son didn’t like him.

In short, her father’s doting toward her was gentle, careful, and had no bottom line.

Her mom was not the same. Although her mom was usually extremely busy and basically had no time to accompany her, she was still a strict mother. Song Yuan was also afraid of her mom.

In the past, Song Yuan would always try to smooth things over in this sort of hostile atmosphere3. Their family also had to face the Rong Ting who had appeared out of thin air4.

But it was different this time. This matter had to be cleared up eventually.

She quickly returned to her room and found the DNA test results in her nightstand drawer.

In the living room, Chen Linjing was still glaring furiously at Song Haiping.

It was impossible for her to easily believe Song Haiping’s claims of crossing through space and time, transmigrating from ancient times to modern times, and so on. Few people with their IQ online5 would believe this sort of absurdity. She could only assume that Song Haiping was picking a fight.

Song Haiping was both helpless and despairing. “Do you not have a brain? What ‘paving the way for my son’? I don’t even have an illegitimate child, but even if I did, would I harm my daughter for him? Chen Linjing, won’t you use your brain?”

Chen Linjing was intent on eating Song Haiping’s heart at the moment. How could she listen to him explain?

Fortunately, Song Yuan came out at an opportune time and presented the DNA test report in her hands. “Mom, read this. I didn’t lie to you, and neither did Dad. Rong Ting really is my son.”

Upon hearing the latter sentence, Chen Linjing couldn’t calm down, but looking at her daughter’s face, she could only take the DNA test report and read through it. When she finished reading, she calmly and evenly said to Song Yuan, “Yuanyuan, do you know what you’re doing? Even if you have a good relationship with your father, how can you get involved in these kinds of matters? A report like this can be made with a bit of money. Yuanyuan, you know Mom can’t stand being lied to the most.”

Song Yuan raised her head, looking her mom straight in the eyes. There wasn’t even a hint of evasion in her gaze. “Mom, every word I’ve said is true.”

Chen Linjing looked into her daughter’s eyes.

The mother and daughter pair were silent.