Chapter 57

Rong Heng was probably the ancient times person who most looked like a modern times person.

Of course, Song Yuan had only met two ancient times people so far, but Rong Ting still spoke in a way that was neither old nor modern, while Rong Heng spoke more like a modern person than she did. If not for the paternal test result, she never would have believed that he was Rong Ting’s father, a person from ancient times.

Rong Heng was very sensible. After they left the hotel, he took the initiative to say goodbye to them and did not ask to visit them at their house. This made Song Yuan sigh in relief. In front of Rong Ting, she had no way to refuse his visits, but in her heart, she still hoped that he could stay removed from their lives. It was good for everyone.

Song Haiping and Chen Linjing were very busy this year end and didn’t stay in B City for too long. But the two couldn’t rest assured about the situation here, and so they sent someone to keep an eye on the neighborhood.

Song Yuan took Rong Ting back home. Neither of them were accustomed to the peacefulness at home.

“We can go back next week.” Song Yuan comforted, “Grandpa and Grandma are both home, and New Years isn’t too far away. They’ll be able to rest then, and we can go visit them every day.”

Song Yuan also missed her hometown very much. After all, she wasn’t familiar with the people and environment in B City. It was just a pity about the two classes next week that she had signed Rong Ting up for. Rong Ting’s English level wasn’t very good in the first place. If he missed a few more classes, he might not be able to keep up with the others.

“Okay.”

“When we go after the New Year, let’s raise a pet. Do you like cats or dogs?”

This was the first time Song Yuan had talked about this with Rong Ting. Rong Ting was surprised and delighted, but he still asked her with uncertainty, “Is it possible to raise a dog? Truly?”

“Of course it is. Wait until the end of the year, and I’ll take you to the pet shop to take a look. We can get anything you like, but let me just say in advance, pets like lizards aren’t allowed because I’m afraid of them.”

“I like puppies!” Rong Ting was ecstatic. “Can we really get a puppy?”

“We can. Have you raised one before?”

Rong Ting shook his head. “No. Emperor Father does not like them.”

“How pitiful,” Song Yuan sighed. “The palace is so big, and there’s no TV or Internet. If there are cats and dogs to raise, you could maybe pass the time. With nothing, wouldn’t people be driven crazy? Speaking of, is there such a thing as ‘driving someone insane’ in the palace?”

Rong Ting hesitated. “One time I was playing, and I overheard some maids and eunuchs chatting together. They said that there was a mad woman1 in the Cold Palace.”

“There’s really a Cold Place? What happened to the mad woman?” Song Yuan suddenly became interested!

“I am also not too clear about it. It seems that the crazy woman is one of Emperor Father’s concubines. I do not know why she lost her mind.”

Song Yuan wasn’t surprised that Rong Ting didn’t know. He was the crown prince, after all, not a tabloid reporter. The things he could hear had probably gone through layers of filters; how could he be clear on the matters of the rear palace?