Chapter 43

“Father Emperor!”

At first, Song Yuan didn’t think of taking Rong Ting with her for dinner. After all, he disliked her having contact with other, unfamiliar men. Although he had changed a lot, and his way of thinking had also changed, he would still be uncomfortable with it. But on second thought, it seemed more inappropriate to leave him home alone, right?

B City couldn’t compare to her hometown. She knew all the neighbors in her hometown; here, the people, life, and land were unfamiliar. New Year’s was approaching, and all sorts of people were starting to stir1.

If she was going to bring Rong Ting, she would have to speak with him in advance. Otherwise, he’d inevitably be upset and become disgruntled. Moreover, she needed to discuss with him about learning calligraphy.

B City was in a heated area. When they finished washing up that night, they were very warm in their thin pajamas. As Rong Ting sat on the sofa, he used his iPad to watch Animal Planet. This house wasn’t equipped with a projector, which was rather inconvenient, so she could only wrong him for a bit.

Several times, Song Yuan went back and forth about speaking up.

Rong Ting reluctantly pressed pause and looked at Song Yuan. “Mother Empress, if you have something to say, just say it.”

“Gugu, do you remember that day I brought back a copybook for you? That was given to me by a friend. He’s a friend I met very recently. So Mom, you know, wants to ask him to dinner and bring you too.”

“Mm, he or she2?”

Child, must you be so good at grasping the key point! She couldn’t muddle her way through like this.

Song Yuan chose to tell the truth. “Well, so, it’s an uncle. This uncle is very good and has helped me. One time, I had a gathering with my classmates from my club, and he paid for us. I felt like I owed him for the meal, and I tried to transfer money to him, but he wouldn’t accept it. So I told him that next time I had the chance, I would invite him to dinner. One is only as good as one’s words, right?”

Rong Ting made a noise of assent. “Mother Empress’s words are reasonable. Let us eat together, then.”

Gugu was quite reasonable now; it was a great improvement. Song Yuan was particularly thrilled by this.

“There’s one more thing I wanted to ask your opinion about. Like I just said, this uncle is very nice, and he knows that you like calligraphy and have very good handwriting. So he helped me contact a great and famous calligrapher. He can help connect us to this calligrapher, and if you have fate, you can study under him.”

Rong Ting finally felt that something was off. He was very astute, and based on Mother Empress’s character, she definitely would have agreed to such a good thing without discussing it with him. She had done the same thing when she signed him up for trial classes without discussing with him. Why would she discuss it with him this time? And it seemed that his opinion would be given priority?

“So then?” Rong Ting asked. “Does Mother Empress have any concerns?”

Song Yuan let out a sigh of relief. At times like these, it was easier to communicate with a bright child. She didn’t beat around the bush and got straight to the point. “When I first met this uncle, I didn’t know who he was; I just thought it would be nice to talk to him. He was also nice and gentle. Later, when your grandpa saw me with him, he told me that he was not an ordinary person. B City is very different from other cities, and the situation here is much more complicated than our hometown. He’s from a very famous family in B City…Well, it’s said that he’s known as Crown Prince Xie in the circle, or sometimes Crown Prince. His background is not simple. It’s very complicated in such an elite family. Your grandpa told me not to get too close to him before I get into trouble for no good reason.”