Chapter 31

known to outsiders!”

Chen Linjing and Song Haiping arrived when the mother-son pair finished their meal. Song Haiping absolutely loved beef chow fun1 and ate a large plate of it by himself.

Just like the saying “the merging of strengths2,” Song Yuan’s good looks were due to both of her parents, who were also amazingly good-looking. Chen Linjing was now in her forties, but because she was rich and single, she was willing to spend money on her face and body. The young Song Haiping was handsomer than idols, and this person did not let himself go even until he was middle-aged–he wasn’t bald3, and he didn’t have a beer belly. He had the looks of a rather handsome uncle4. It was no exaggeration to say that when Song Yuan went out together with Chen Linjing, others would mistake them for sisters. There was also a time when Song Yuan took Song Haiping to a medical examination, and the nurse had thought that they were brother and sister. After all, their last names were both Song.

Four people–all of whom were highly attractive in appearance–sitting at a table would naturally attract other people’s attention.

Song Yuan was going to pay the bill when she was stopped by Song Haiping. He said with a stern face, “With Dad here, how can you still be allowed to pay?”

“Leaving out Rong Ting, this meal comes out to be for three people. I’ll pay for my portion,” Chen Linjing said calmly, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

Song Haiping: “…”

Fine, he understood his ex-wife’s temperament. If it weren’t for their daughter, his ex-wife would have wanted nothing to do with him5.

From the hotel, Song Haiping drove them to the supermarket to buy groceries.

Song Haiping wasn’t bad at cooking, but the number of people who could eat his cooking was low. There were many people out and about on Christmas, including in the supermarket.

In the snack aisle, the four were split into two factions.

“I’ve never seen such harshness on a child. What little kid doesn’t eat snacks?” Song Haiping’s voice grew heated. “Rong Ting is so pitiful; he’s never eaten snacks in the past!”

He grabbed several bags of potato chips, seaweed snacks, and milk candy6 from the shelves.

“You too, Yuanyuan. When you were little, you always pestered me to buy you malt balls7, wahaha. How did you forget? You would gulp them down all at once, wahaha, but Dad would buy you boxes and boxes.”

Hearing these words about Song Yuan, Rong Ting looked at her accusingly.

Song Yuan was backed into a corner. It was useless for her to madly study up on parenting methods. Other people were new moms, while she was a newbie who didn’t have a transition period and couldn’t educate children at all, not to mention that in front of Rong Ting, she felt as though she had no credibility as a parent.

Chen Linjing sneered. “So it was you. Yuanyuan used to like eating meals, but because you would buy her snacks, she doesn’t like to have meals anymore. Can’t you see that she’s as thin as a bamboo pole now?”

Song Haiping was speechless.

He also thought that his precious daughter was too thin.