Chapter 33

The bus that Song Yuan was waiting for had arrived. She said goodbye to Ji Junpei and hurriedly boarded the bus, and Rong Heng followed suit.

Ji Junpei stood at the bus station. He was still thinking about the gaze the white-haired man had given him just now.

There weren't many people here by this point. Song Yuan sat by the window, and Rong Heng sat next to her. As before, he smiled and asked her if she would mind him sitting there.

This person was truly very gentlemanly and polite. He must be very considerate in his life.

After settling in his seat, Rong Heng inadvertently looked outside the window, as though watching Ji Junpei. As the car drove steadily, Rong Heng asked, "Was that your boyfriend?"

As Song Yuan tried to figure out how to answer, Rong Heng thoughtfully said, "Sorry, I was just a little curious. I didn't mean to pry."

"No, I just didn't know what to say." Song Yuan set the cardboard box on her lap and stared at the bag placed inside. She was silent for a moment before turning to smile at Rong Heng. "He's not a boyfriend. I'm the mother of a child."

"Then your husband must be very good," Rong Heng said.

Song Yuan shook her head. "I'm not married."

This was the saddest thing. She had a child, but no husband. No, not to mention a husband, there was no boyfriend in sight.

If she thought about it, she might shed a tear for herself.

Her statement could be very misleading. Other people might think that she had gotten pregnant before marriage and was a single, unmarried mother. But she didn't intend to explain herself. After all, what she was saying was true.

Rong Heng's expression didn't change. It could even be considered mild as he said, "I think you'll definitely have a good life in the future."

Everyone liked to hear nice things. Song Yuan was no exception. She laughed, "I think so, too. Although my luck with marriage isn't very good, I'm blessed to have my child. My child is especially good and wonderful."

This was something she could say to strangers, but she couldn't talk about the matter of Rong Ting with friends or acquaintances. The main reason was that it was too unbelievable.

Rong Heng smiled even more happily. "That's because his parents have taught him well."

Uh...

Song Yuan froze for a moment. Rong Ting was definitely very, very good, but she wasn't the one who taught him. It should have been her "ex-husband," His Majesty the emperor, who taught him.

She had forgotten many things, and it wasn't easy to say what kind of person His Majesty the emperor was, but based on Rong Ting's behavior, he was rather good at teaching children-at least, he was better at it than her.

"En, his dad taught him." Song Yuan didn't avoid the topic. "His dad is good at teaching children. If the child had grown up under me, he definitely wouldn't be as good as he is now."

Rong Heng smiled lightly, as though he were happy, but he always had a smile on his face. Song Yuan couldn't explain it. She only felt that this person had a gentle temper and was easy to get along with.