Chapter 54

Song Yuan woke up deflated.

In her earlier dreams, the emperor was callous and heartless. This time was different; his image seemed to gradually overlap with that of Rong Heng.

What he said was clearly correct, but why did she feel, even after waking up, an indescribable sense of powerlessness?

This dream left Song Yuan more despondent than the previous dreams. She lay in bed for a long time before she managed to calm her mind.

She could feel that the emperor in the dream did not lie, so why did she feel so uncomfortable?

No matter how many dreams she had, as long as she didn’t recall bits and pieces about the ancient times, she was like a bystander, always separated by a veil. Even with the dull pain, her mood lasted only half an hour before fading away.

“I had another dream.”

Song Yuan sat at the dinner table as she earnestly told Rong Ting, who was in the middle of dining on poached eggs.

To her, Rong Ting was both a son and a friend, someone she could pour her heart out to.

“What dream?” Rong Ting swallowed the poached egg in his mouth before asking.

Song Yuan spoke about the contents of the dream, including the emperor’s words, while Rong Ting listened.

“To think Emperor Father would draw eyebrows for Empress Mother.”

“Why are you focusing on such an insignificant and trivial thing.”

“I don’t think it’s a trivial matter.” Rong Ting squeezed ketchup on a slice of bread, not even raising his head. “It is not surprising that Emperor Father would say such words.”

“But my heart feels uncomfortable and suffocated.”

“Empress Mother need not force herself to recall such things. You have returned; it’s no matter even if you have forgotten them.”

Song Yuan grabbed the ketchup in his hand. “You don’t think it’s sour? Eat less of it. Also, have you forgotten the first time we met? Because I didn’t remember you, you threw a big temper, and your eyes were all red.”

Rong Ting’s expression was uneasy. “That was then, this is now.”

After chatting with Rong Ting, Song Yuan concluded that she hadn’t recovered her memory, so trying to consider the past from her dreams at all angles was self-inflicted torture, and she was never one to make it hard on herself.

Of course, something that gave her an even bigger headache occurred.

After meeting up with her college classmates, Chen Linjing pulled some strings and managed to get her some interview opportunities with some elite kindergartens in the neighborhood!

Song Yuan also discovered that good kindergartens required reservations, lotteries, and even layers of interviews for both the parents and child1…

Originally, Rong Ting was in kindergarten as a transition. There were still more than two months before he turned six. If he wanted to go to elementary school, he needed to wait until after September 1, so it would be best for him to spend the majority of the year in kindergarten2.