Chapter Twenty Six-Ruins

All his life, Gulf only felt pain beyond his bearing limits only one time. He didn't felt it when his father died. Or when his mother left him. Not even then when he found out the truth about his birth. It was then when he saw the man he loves lying still in a bed, edging closer and closer to leaving him forever. It was then when he felt it.

But tonight he was feeling it again. His legs were almost giving up. The icy wind hitting at his body again and again. He can feel the chill slowly taking over his body. But the pain of not seeing those brown eyes again is what made him run even in that state. His eyes going towards the man who was lying his arms.

The shivering stopped long ago. And this is what made him even more afraid. If he doesn't do anything soon, then slowly his organs will stop working one by one too.

Gulf pulled Mew's body more closer hoping to keep him warm. But it wasn't working. Cause the icy winds were too strong to bear.

"Please....not again." Tears pricked at his eyes as he started running faster despite feeling pain in his feet and hand. "Not again...just not again." He keeps praying to whoever was hearing him right now.

Someone must've heard him cause the next thing he heard was the screaming of a very known voice.

"GULF......"

Gulf never knew he can feel this much hope just by seeing his crazy best friend who were running towards him with some men following behind.

"Damn it Gulf Kanawut. You stubborn asshole."

He can see the tears in Gun's eyes. It made him feel warm inside. Maybe just maybe he really wasn't alone.

"Take him."

"Sir...you're shivering badly.." One of the men looked at him trying to give his coat.

"I....I'm fine. Just take him."

The other man finally took Mew away from his arms wrapping him up in blankets

"Idiot...you could've died." Gun wrapped one blanket over his body then finally looked at the man who's eyes were still set upon the unconscious man.

"Yes....if something happened to him today, I really would've died."

Anger spread through Gun's body. "Is he the only one that matters to you? What am I? Matilda? Aom? We mean nothing?"

A pair of black eyes looked at him with tears shining in his eyes. "Yes...I forgot. I forgot that I have my people too."

Gun was waiting for the scolding, not this. Not tear filled eyes looking at him with a smile.

"I forgot that I'm not alone. I never was."

Gun couldn't help himself anymore as he wrapped that idiotic best friend of his in a hug. "You need to stop Gulf. Can't you see? It's hurting you." He stepped back to look at his friend. " You always do this whenever it comes to that man. You're always ready to give up on everything for him. I can't see it anymore. Leave him. Let him go."

That man didn't answer. His eyes were still upon the man who was lying on the stretcher now. His face was still pale. His breathing was swallowed.

"I should let him go, shouldn't I?" Gulf whispered as a tear fell down his eyes. "I think it's time to let everything go."

This time forever.

................. .................... ........................

It took Mew a few moments to realize where he was. The pounding on his head was increasing as he looked around.