Chapter Thirty-Echoes of the Past

Before he builds the wall again,
He wants that person to know
It was his love for him
That he failed to show.

If only that man could see
What's in his heart,
How he feels for him,
The way he's torn apart.

........................ .............................. ...........................

The police chief was standing still. His team following suit. Everyone was waiting for any kind of sound that can come from inside the warehouse. But it was all silent.

The seconds were passing by more slowly. Gulf felt as if he can hear his own heartbeat as he waited at the entrance. Richard refused to let him take part in this. But still, he didn't leave. How could he? The person he loves was inside. He doesn't even know in what condition. Then how can he just stay behind? 

Richard looked back at him. Asking him silently to not get involved in the fight. But Gulf wanted to. He wanted to break the door and get inside. And he would've done this by now if it wasn't for Gun, who was gripping his hand tightly in his.

The chief looked at his team signaling them to start the move. The door was broken by them as the whole team of 22 people entered the area with weapons ready to fire at any time.

Gulf was still standing outside. His heart beating faster with every second. But there was no sound from inside. He couldn't bear it anymore. He forcefully freed his hand from Gun's grip running towards the warehouse.

His eyes looked at the people there. Their weapons were down. 

"What is happening?" He asked while looking around. It was all empty. Nobody was there. Nobody at all.

"Mr. Kanawut..I told you to not get involved..."

But Gulf couldn't hear him. He was stuck in a place with his eyes firmly focused on one place. He slowly walks towards it. It was obvious that somebody was kept here. The chains were lying around in dismay. He slowly sat down looking at the floor. It was full of blood. And he knew who's blood it was.

"DAMN IT." He screamed in agony holding the chains in his hand. 

"I..I swear this is where he kept him." Kaownah looked around frantically trying to see any traces left of them. But it was all empty. 

"Then where is he." Gulf stood up on his feet. "Tell me where is he." He punched the man making blood coming out of his nose..."

"GULF!" Gun tried to grab his friend but he shooke him off going for the man on the floor again.

"What did you guys do to him?" He grabbed his collar pulling him up from the floor. "WHAT DID YOU TO HIM?" 

Kaownah was scared now as the man throws him on the wall with force. A sharp pain went through his back. His eyes were getting hazy. 

"Mr. Kanawut" Richard holds him with both hands. "Stop it. You can't do this."

 Gulf tried to break free but Gun was holding him now too. "LET ME GO. I WILL KILL HIM TODAY. LET ME GO."

Kaownah could do nothing but cry. His hands were shaking.  The man in front of him was hell bent on killing him.

"Mark!" Richard called one of his team members while still struggling to stop the man. "Take him away." He gestured towards Kaownah who was trembling in fear now.

"NO...NO...Let me go."

"Get a hold of yourself." Richard screams at him. "DO you think you can find Mew like this? Do you think you can find Mew if you kill him? Then go ahead and do it."