Chapter Fourteen-Am I really worth all your pain

No matter the pain that I've to go through...You're worth every single moment.

....................... ...................... ..........................

His eyes were fixed on it. Rains were pouring outside very heavily. And he wanted to cry with the rain. He wanted to shed his tears for a man he used to hate most in the world. It doesn't make sense. But to Gulf, his existence in itself doesn't make sense either.

"Look at me, Gulf." Gary Kanawut's voice didn't even hold a little emotion at all as he held that nine year old boy's shoulder tightly, So tightly that he was sure it will leave a bruise later. "I said look at me."

His black eyes look at the man whose eyes were almost the same as him. Cruel, cold, emotionless, and without any tears.

"Listen to me very carefully." He looked at the boy's eyes directly expressing how serious he was. "Today I'm gonna teach you a lesson."

Gulf could only look as he was trying to understand if that man who was lying inside that white cloth was his father at all?

"Do you know who you are?"

Gulf's eyes went towards the body again. He doesn't know how to call it father yet.

"GUlF, I SAID LOOK AT ME." Gary's voice made him look at his grandfather again.

"Tell me who you are."

"I...I am.." Who was he? He doesn't know it himself fully yet then how can he tell this man about it.

"WHO ARE YOU?"

Gary's loud voice boomed around the morgue as he looks at the boy with anger. But Gulf wasn't afraid. he just wanted it to end. he just wanted to leave this body behind him. he wanted to leave that hospital.

Gary Kanawut looked at him with disappointment and anger. Then he slowly let go of the boy's shoulder going towards the exit. Gulf was still standing there. Not knowing what to do. His whole body was still in shock as his eyes stayed on that body. Is that really him. is that?

Tonight I'm gonna teach you a lesson Gulf. Tonight I'm gonna teach you what it meant to be a Kanawut." With That Gary kanawut closed the morgue's door warning everyone to stay away from there. leaving a nine year old boy standing near to his dead father's body for a whole night.

He didn't let his eyes stray away for even one moment from that body. It was cold inside. It felt like death. He can smell it there. It felt like his mother was there mocking him. Laughing at him. He felt as if his father was still looking at him, judging him. He was shivering. He was in pain. he wanted to cry.

But he didn't. He stood there. Still as a statue for the whole night till that old man came next morning finding him at the same position where he left him yesterday night.

He walked towards him. His firm steps sound made Gulf look at his grandfather. That man held his shoulder again looking directly at his eye.

"Tell me Gulf, who are you?"

And he answered. cause he knew now. Who he was and what he was.

"I'm Gulf Kanawut." A cold smirk spread across that man's face as he looks at him

"Yes. And a Kanawut don't cry. Never. Remember that always." And he did. He never forgot that night. And he never forgot his name again.

"Gulf.....GULF...." Gun's voice snapped him out of his daze as he looked at the hospital again. His heart started to beat loudly as he felt like sudden;y he couldn't breath anymore.