Chapter Twenty Five-And If I believe

"I can't believe he will do this to me.."

Puifai's broken voice kept saying it again and again as Mew's eyes only looked outside the window. The car was speeding in full. The snow was falling heavily. It was very cold. But this time he doesn't feel cold outside only despite forgetting his coat again. He felt cold inside too.

His mind and heart both seems to be at a war with each other. His mind was telling him to trust the girl he knew for a long time but his heart was refusing to not believe that man. Who was looking at him with so much pain on those black eyes that time. Mew still can't forget the sad smile gracing those lips. He still can't forget the hurt displaying on that face.

Doesn't matter how many times he tried he still can't forget.

"I knew he was like this." Puifai scooted closer to him. "This people are always like this. Just because they have money, they think they can do anything. They are all liars"

Mew's brows furrowed as he looked at the woman beside him. Every words leaving her mouth was creating a havoc inside his heart. That man was a jerk. He was cold to outsiders. He was rude. Not only that, but he sometimes turns Mew's life into a wreaking ball but that man....he never lied. Not even once.

"Stop the car."

"Huh!" Puifai was looking with confusion, but he didn't care. He doesn't care about anything at all except telling that stubborn man that he do believe. That he does trust.

"I said stop the car." The urgent tone in Mew's voice made the driver stop the car as he looked back while stopping it finally.

"Mew...."

He looked at her hating himself for what he was going to do next. "I'm sorry Puifai. I...I don't know if you're telling the truth or not, but I know him." A smile appeared on his lips while thinking about that man. "He is many things, Fai. But he is not a liar."

She grabbed at his hands trying to make him stay but Mew has made up his mind as he removes his hand from her hold and went outside the car.

"Sir, get back in. "The middle-aged man sitting at the driver sit screamed at him. "It's snowing too much and the hotel is far away, Sir. It's dangerous."

He knew it. He knew that it was dangerous. But right now he didn't care. The pain flashing in those eyes was painted on his mind. And the pain he felt the moment when that man left him was still fresh in his mind too. He needs to go to him. He needs to tell that man that he does trust him. More than anyone else. More than even himself.

The cold was already making him shiver. He should've taken his coat. If that jerk was here, he was sure he would've wrapped another of his coat around him like he always does. A smile tug at the corner of his lips remembering the memory.

"Mew......" She tried to grab at him again, but he was already out of the car shutting the car door.

"I'm sorry Fai..." He was really sorry cause this time his heart was already made up. He knew what he needs to do. He knew how to stop the pain that was spreading through his heart. He knew how to stop feeling this coldness that was taking over his insides completely.

The answer was clear to Mew now. An answer that started with that man and ends with that man too.

................ ................. .......................

Gulf's fingers was gripping the wine glass tightly in his hand. His eyes were on the snow that was falling more increasingly now. The inside of the bar was still warm. Of course he can't say the same about himself anymore. All the warmness in his heart were gone by now.