Chapter Twenty Three-The Nature of Heart

"I love you"

Those three words. Why couldn't he say it back to her. Even this time when she was sitting before him, looking at him with nothing but pure emotions..why can't he say those words back?

"L...Let's order." He quickly looked away from her. Already imagining the hurt flashing in her eyes. And it makes him guilty. Very guilty. But still he couldn't say them back. It was as if something was holding him back. As if these words belongs to somebody else.

"Mew..."She held his hand intertwining their fingers and it felt wrong. Like how it felt all theses years. It felt wrong. It felt displaced.

He slowly took his hand away smiling with guilt at her. "Didn't you say you like their steaks? Should we order that?" He tried to change the subject.

Fai's eyes were looking at him in question. He can see the pain in them. But he doesn't know what to do to remove that.

She suddenly got up from her seat and came to sit beside him. Her hands holding his face making him look at her.

"You love me, don't you?"

He wanted to say yes just to make those tears go away from her eyes. She was with him all these years. After he woke up from coma, she hadn't left his side. He should just say yes But his heart was screaming at him. "What's wrong with you today?" He tried to smile to ease the tension between them. "Let's enjoy our dinner."

"Kiss me."

That made him look at her again with surprise. "Huh?"

"Kiss me. I want you to kiss me." Her eyes were desperate. He doesn't know what to do but at the next second he found her lips on him.

He was in shock for a moment. She was trying to kiss him more deeply but he couldn't get into it. It felt wrong. Like every time they kissed or hugged before. He wasn't feeling anything except discomfort. But then in a flash that feeling was replaced by the electricity he felt in the air. He felt him before that man even spoke.

"Steaks tastes better when you eat them while they're still hot."

The sound of a chair being pulled froze him in the air as Puifai disconnect her lips from him glaring at his boss who were now sitting in front of him with a blank face. But his eyes looked anything but calm to Mew.

"S...Sir?"

He looked at me still with no expression at all.

"Your steaks are getting cold, Mew."

He wanted to ask many things but his thought was stopped again by another person sitting beside his boss.

"It's rude to interrupt someone's dinner Gulf."

It felt like someone has taken his heart on a twist. It was that same woman he saw that night. His eyes immediately went to those dark ones. Those eyes were reflecting a look that he was sure was on his too. Pain. Pure anguish pain.

"Am I interrupting, Mew?"

"No...no..of course not." Though his girlfriend's glare said otherwise. But right Mew didn't care. All he wanted was for that woman to leave but she only flashed him a bright smile while sitting down beside his boss. He didn't liked it. Not one bit. He hated it even more when those black eyes looked at her taking them off of him. He hated it all. But most of all, he hated himself cause he doesn't even know why it hurt so much to see that man with anyone else.

"The ever always rude Gulf. You never change." She placed her hands over that that man. It was taking all of his self control to not get up and snatched that hand away. Damn it. What was wrong with him. He has a girlfriend for god sake.