Chapter Twenty One-Some Decisions are harder to make

"So now you are running away?" He could almost picture Gun rolling his eyes at him through the phone.

"I'm not running away. Besides, there is nothing to run away from." He stood in front of the window. A shadow taking over his face. He knew what he was doing was nothing but running away from that man. But every man has his limit. Gulf has his too. And now-a-days that limit seems to be breaking every day when his eyes fell on those brown ones looking at him like he used to before. Full of curiosity and...NO. he doesn't want to think about what he saw in those eyes anymore.

"Keep lying kanawut. We both know the truth."

Unknowingly a sigh left his lips as he looked outside at the sky filled with clouds. It seems like a storm was coming. "I just needed a break from work." And from him. He shut down his eyes trying to forget that face.

"Are you still going today to meet that woman?"

His question again turned his already bitter mood even worse. He doesn't want to go on one more disastrous date set up by that man he calls his grandfather.

"Of course. I can't wait." He gritted his teeth just to not break the phone in two.

"You sounds delighted." His friend was snickering at him. It makes him want to throw the mobile away in anger. "I still don't understand, why you let that man control you."

The curiosity in Gun's voice was not lost on him. But he doesn't want to tell the reason. It was a secret he wanted to remove from his mind.

"Just concentrate on the office, Atthapahn. I'm not interested in gossiping with you."

He hangs up the phone before his friend can question more. The more he questions the more those memories resurface taking him back to that night as if it happened just yesterday. The memory was still alive. The memory of feeling a sense of helplessness he never felt before.

Gulf wasn't taking his eyes off the man lying on the hospital bed. He was afraid that the moment he does this man will leave him and go away to a place he can't bring him back from.

"Why aren't you waking up?" He whispered, still holding his hand in his. "You asked me to not leave you. Didn't you?" He brings the cold hand to his chest trying to make the other man feel his existence. "I'm here Mew. I'm right here. All you need to do is wake up." A tear left his eyes as he looked at the still unmoving man. The smile was nowhere in sight. Gulf was now at a point where he was ready to everything and anything just to see those brown eyes.

"You've to wake up...for me. Cause I don't know how much I can take it, Mew. I'm at my limit. Stop making me suffer like this." He couldn't stop the tears that were falling from his eyes as he slowly lies his head beside that man connected to a life ventilator. "You can punish me in other ways. Just not this. Just not like this." He traced his fingers through the other man's hair. "Don't be so cruel Mew Suppasit. It doesn't suit you."

"You need to eat something Kana." Aom's worried voice made him look at her as he sat up but still holding Mew's hand in his.

"Why is he not waking up, Aom? Have I hurt him so much that he doesn't even want to look at me anymore?" He wasn't feeling ashamed of the tears anymore that Aom was seeing in his eyes. He was beyond any care by now.

"Gulf..."

It was the first time this woman called him by his name and it made him look at her carefully. Why was she looking so guilty? It was also only then did he heard the crying voice of Mew's parents from outside the room as they were talking to another doctor.

Fear gripped at his heart as he carefully placed Mew's hand on the bed and went towards Aom. "What is wrong" If before he thought that maybe he was mistaken then now Aom just confirmed it for him as a guilty and painfilled look passed over her blue eyes.